test1
September 20, 2017, 06:40:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help getting Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Screen and digitizer to PC  (Read 1507 times)
vile80r
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2014, 05:05:54 PM »

I am working on messing around on a project and I have made a really small form factor PC from mini-itx board. I would love to figure out a way to get a Samsung Galxy 10.1 screen and digitizer connected somehow to create a pseudo-tablet.

I am having a brutal time figuring out how to interface with the screen and mostly the digitizer. Can someone here point in the right direction?

Thomas
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »

Hi vile80r,

I would imagine the lack of responce on this thread is simply due to the fact that nobody on this forum has successfully interfaced (or even attempted to interface) a Samsung Galaxy screen of any sort. As far as I know there are no off the shelf products that you can buy to interface the Samsung Galaxy panels. This means that anybody embarking on such a project would need to delve deep into reverse engineering the hardware, produce a circuit to drive the panel, and write some software to convet the digitizer information to something the computer can do something with. This type of project is quite outside of the scope of what we do here I'm affraid - that is unless someone else on the forum has been toying with this sort of thing in the shadows or has some knowledge of the existance of a driver for this type of panel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: