Bongofish
December 17, 2017, 05:01:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on comercial touch screens as a cintiq  (Read 1563 times)
sourpea
New Poster

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:38:27 PM »

Found this site while looking on youtube for various ideas the 15 inch screen is only 99 dollars us i wonder if it is sensitive enough to be used as a cintiq. looks simple to install and best of all it is usb with no external power source, i have a email sent to them asking for a more detailed discription of its capibilities.

http://www.commercialtouchscreen.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=79
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:55:26 PM »

Potentially you could use this for drawing but you will be missing the pressure sensitivity and tilt you can expect from a tablet since the panel has no pressure or tilt implementation. You might also find that the resolution is not that great for drawing.

Do you already have a 15" screen to put this on?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: