Bongofish
April 23, 2019, 11:56:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Small or Big..
Small - 0 (0%)
Big - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Wayback Drawing Machine.. Mini style.. Retina display  (Read 4037 times)
woodguy32

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »

Hello Bongofish People..

I been busy at it.. and have a bunch of these builds going on..Larger then large and Smaller then small..

Thanks to the Master of Retina displays.. Bumhee34 and his marvelous iPad display.. I had to build one..well 5 of them.. really

Super Easy Fun build and even better very Cheap build..  I got under 75 bucks in each one..the card was the most expensive part..I found very cheap iPad displays on the bay and bought a lot of 6

And WOW..the retinia Display is AWESOME..

Super compact and 1/2 inch thick .. No jitter.. works excellent..

My only issue with the drawing unit it is SMALL.. I am not sure I like drawing that small.. I like my waybacks machines LARGE..

But my daughters like drawing this way.. and it doesn't take up much desk space..  14" x 11" in size

So build one.. the hardest part of the build is removing the alum Back.. its tricky but with and knife just score it a few times and then bend it it will come off..

So happy building all..  wait to you see the current projects.. oh boy.. finally got some vintage cast iron  drawing boards stands.. plus I going Supersize..  I mean HUGE..the experiment worked ….tease tease...

Woodguy32

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 07:40:54 PM by woodguy32 » Logged
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 10:44:28 AM »

You just can't stop building these things can you, it's fantastic!! Another brilliant build by Woodguy32. That's a nice enclosure you've built there too!
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 03:21:27 AM »

It looks gorgeous Smiley

Found that water-jet cutting would be best to remove the metal part, but it is expensive Sad
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:05:34 PM »

Huge? Huge?

You land your hand on an Artpad 18x24" (30" screen) or are you going for a double screen?

--------

As a side note, I used the same technique to carve out the aluminium in the back of UBiQ, using a big cutter.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:08:43 AM by DaBotz » Logged

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 01:52:38 PM »

A question... you build, 5 of these? Are some for sale? At what price? (keep in mind I live in Europe, so postage should be 25$, if that's roughly an XD-0608 size)

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 02:20:22 PM »

Have a look at his site. As a steampunk it stick my pulse up a bit. Smiley
http://oldtimecomputer.com/

I'm not sure how things are going right now, he as had some health issues.
Wishing you a full recovery Woodguy.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: