Bongofish
November 19, 2017, 03:10:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh .. Mac People Don't Upgrade to Yosemite 10.10 and Windows 9 err 10?  (Read 8436 times)
woodguy32

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2014, 04:59:30 PM »

Hello Bongo Fish people..

I haven't upgraded  yet.. but it looks like Wacom is done upgrading with the Intuos line..you will lose your ablity to map out your tablet..

will this be the end of most of our builds..  maybe..

Anybody know anything.. tricks .. workarounds.. ideas..

and how is the windows end.. with windows 9.. err make it 10..

this stuff scares me.. one reason I never upgrade…  my current computer, sometimes I forget to crank it up..

Thanks Woodguy32

woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 08:21:41 PM »

There is one work around to get the mapping done.. but it has a ton of hoops.. you need to save your wacom preferences in the older OS and then transfer them to the newer..and sometimes it will load with that mapping and sometimes not..  you cannot use any control of the wacom functions nor dial in your pen..

Preference panel will not load.. so are we stuck?

Wacom claims it will not update anymore on these tablets..  They want you to buy the new ones..   I got a pile close to 20 of them stacked for builds.. Oh well..Guess I will throw them on the Bay before they are useless..

Any news on the windows 9 - 10 front?   does it work?

thanks Wood

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:28:36 PM by woodguy32 » Logged
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »

Windows 10 wont be released until after April next year so there's no way of confirming for sure yet, but it's not great that Mac support has stopped. I'm sure I'm not the only one that is precious about how my tablet feels to use, how I've tweeked things to have them set just right, and how I trust that every time I come to use it there will be no issues in doing so. It's like a favorite paint brush, I use it because I know how and I've honed my skill around it, I don't want to trade it in for a new one just to repeat the process.

Anyone know how to program drivers? Perhaps it's time to get creative and go third party support.
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 04:55:39 PM »

OK.. its out.. that Windows 10 thingy…. why they skipped 9 is beyond me?

But I got to know… anybody update to 10 and have their Wacoms go down because of driver issues..

I finally got a work around for Yosemite..but its not pretty.. 
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 11:57:39 AM »

Anyone know how to program drivers? Perhaps it's time to get creative and go third party support.
I don't know how to program drivers but I think porting the Linux drivers to OS X could work as OS X is pretty similar to Linux... (never tried it though Tongue)
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »

Not sure yet about Windows 10, I've installed it but I haven't tried it with my tablet yet as it's currently at work (where the Serenitiq2 is). I've got Windows 10 on a laptop at home so as soon as I'm done with the tablet at work I'll give it a go and let you know if it's good with the Intuos 4.

Oh, I have an Intuos 2 at home I could try that later.
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 06:06:10 PM »

Coolo  on the testing of the Windows 10… test all those Wacoms..  I am afraid to upgrade anything anymore..

As far as Yosemite… I do have some work arounds… one is to go to System Prefs and go to get info…there you can set it at 32 bit..now the wacom prefs will load..and you can adult pressure and stuff… BUT you can not adjust the mapping.. boo hoo…  the most important part of our home brew  drawing machines..

But wait.. if you have the settings .. from an earlier OS..you can replace the mapping settings with the Wacom utility tool..

so it works,  not like I want it too …

Oh.. I hope to get this resolved because I got a Massive one in the works.. I mean BIG and 40" 4k to boot..imagine the size of a full drawing table..

wood
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 12:23:32 PM »

40" Huh What digitizer(s) has it, behind?

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 01:27:51 PM »

Multiple digitizers I would imagine; so far as I know there are no digitizers that big.
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »

Multiple digitizers I would imagine; so far as I know there are no digitizers that big.

I tell more when I can make sure Windows 10 works with early tablets?  I got my macs working....just afraid to upgrade my Bootcamp model..

Update… Nope…  Intuos 2 and lower are dead.. windows 10 ( Bootcamp ) and Yosemite..But you maybe able to do the above perts save to get it to mapping to work..

I got a stack of a dozen  18x12 Intous 2 models..I like these in my drawing machine builds.( Flat and Simple ). lucky i only paid a 5 bucks for each..lol.. I Hate UPDATES..

OH...   4K is Freaking Awesome..  Wow..

wood
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:14:22 AM by woodguy32 » Logged
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 07:07:03 PM »

All working..  yoesmite..10.10. el capitan 10.11  and even got windows 10 running  ( still working on windows 9, this may take me a while .. ) so  it is all good with wacom and system updating, as long as you don't mind doing a few hacks..

wood

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:10:28 PM by woodguy32 » Logged
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 09:37:19 PM »

That is a good news, as my UBiQ may have some more years to live!

(Thinking about finding the guts to really go and try with a more modern monitor, but... "if it's broken, don't fix it" is my mantra).

And, your build really excites my hubris...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 12:46:40 PM by DaBotz » Logged

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: