test1
April 29, 2017, 04:29:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slatiq Project - or "please help an idiot with a soldering iron"  (Read 7321 times)
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2015, 01:29:15 PM »

Because we are talking about data lines I suppose it could have an affect. Join the pins 2 and 14 and see if it makes a difference.

At least we can be sure now that your are powering it with the correct voltage. Did the digitizer work before you took it all apart?
brunobarbosa
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2015, 02:36:20 PM »

It's hard to be 100% sure; it was working when the computer malfunctioned, and the technicians said the issue was with the mb, so I assume that it is working properly, although it is difficult to know for sure. Will test with both ground wires later in the evening and report back then.
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2015, 09:08:54 PM »

In Ubuntu you could open a terminal and type 'dmesg' right after plugging in the digitizer. then you can get some more debugging information.

-Jakob
brunobarbosa
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2015, 02:14:57 AM »

thanks for the tip jakob.

this is what i got:

* report.txt (27.81 KB - downloaded 95 times.)

can you see anything helpful in here? All i could think of was to try and find the vendor id for Wacom, but it does not show up on that report.

Aerendraca, connecting pins 2 and 14 produced the same effect.

* report.txt (27.81 KB - downloaded 95 times.)
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2015, 08:02:01 AM »

It looks like either not d+ and d- swapped or a to long or defective USB cable.
I had the same effect when using a 1m USB extension cable with one of my digitizers.
A USB hub in between or directly plugging it into your PC could help.

-Jakob
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2015, 05:30:38 PM »

I was looking at the wiki pages and saw that there is some information that pin 12 may need to be connected to ground in some cases to enable the digitizer. See the pinout table: http://wiki.bongofish.co.uk/doku.php?id=bongofish:penenabled

It would appear to suggest that PLTRS1 is active low enable, ie pin 12 should be 0V to enable the digitizer. Worth a go, it shouldn't do any damage.

brunobarbosa
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »

Hey guys, just to keep you up to date: the projecto hasn't been forgotten, I've just been having a very busy few weeks! Hopefully I'll be able to give it a try in the next couple of days and see how it responds. Thanks all for your help!
mike-s
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »

I know it's a bit of a grave dig here, but I'm wondering if brunobarbosa had any further luck with this as I've got one of these panels and am thinking about ways i can use it myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: