test1
May 30, 2017, 10:19:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New build planning with an Intuos3 A3 wide  (Read 3432 times)
shugs1981

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2015, 01:40:33 PM »

Hi peeps...

wish i hadn't found this board!!! lol!!!

I'm looking to build a replacement for my Huion GT190 as i reinstalled windows and it no longer works with manga studio... waaaahhh....  Cry

Are here any suggestions for monitors that will fit? thinking of just having a sheet of plexi with all buttons and what not on it with a frame around it to keep the crap out... think like a custard cream / oreo with the monitor and tablet being the filling...

any tips between led/ips? and monitors with external power supplies?

Thaaaaaankssss!!!!
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »

Well... I've just found a cheap samsung S22C300H 22" monitor with external power supply going cheap on the bay so if i win it then I'll be off and away with the build!!!

I hope everything works and i'll add a build log with pics and maybe videos if i can sort a camera out!! woop woop!!

expect blood sweat and tears in this build!!

anyone know what the max height for the a3 wide to recognize the pen?? just realised i'm properly jumping in blind on this one!
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:51:01 PM »

Hi shugs1981, welcome!

Nice. That panel uses the Samsung LTM200KT08-W02 panel - Some pictures here: http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeView.do?blogid=05UNI&articleno=13898034&categoryId=0&regdt=20140606125307

I've read you're first post a couple of times and I'm a little unclear about what you are trying to do. You asked for a monitor that will fit, but I'm not sure what you want it to fit, do you have another tablet other than the Huion?
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 06:28:34 PM »

I used to use the Huion GT 190 19" tablet monitor... was quite a good bit of kit and fairly cheap for what it was... drivers were utter utter poo... after however many updates they've made the 22" version so it's no longer supported...

I had to reformat my computer and when i've tried to reinstall it I can't for the life of me get it to work with manga studio... apparently i'm a minority user as it was a nightmare trying to sort anything out as whenever they updated the drivers it would knock out the support for it... I decided i need to replace it..

Found an intuos a3 wide that i want to put a screen in to build my own cintiq...

the first post was to see if i could find out any monitors which are recommended as I've seen quite a few sub £80 monitors new so was wondering if there was any recommendations... then I found that cheapy samsung (which i didn't win... Sad ) which seemed a good idea... Argos seems to have a load of refurbished ones for a bit more but still loads less than the £140 some people want for them new!! Tbh that cheap one on ebay had a big blue line on the screen so i suppose I'm kinda glad i didn't get it now...

as to the build the original plan was to basically have a sheet of acrylic... attach everything to it and then slap something on the top... but then I had the thought of adding shortcut keys... i wish i hadn't...

hopefully the a3 wide will work well (hopefully should've arrived today!!)

cheers for the pic... think i'll definitely get one of them refurbished screens cause that looks uber neat and possibly easy to attach without risk of destroying it... just need to look at cables and stuff once i get going...

I've also had an idea down the road to try to make a mostly wireless (obvs need video cable!!) screen to work with a laptop... but that's dependent on everything working...

Not seen any good strip down pics of the a3 wide either... so may overly document it all...
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:24:59 PM »

Wooooooooooooooooowwww.... the tablet arrived today.... it's fekking massive!!!! I suppose it was gonna be but i wasn't expecting it to be so huge....

now I'm just trying to install the swine now.... this stupid huion thing has properly screwed everything up.. i'll be most upset if i havew to reinstall windows AGAIN cause of it...

it seems to work so far but pressure isn't working... just hoping that i can config the buttons... anyone confirm it works on windowz 7???
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 06:58:34 AM »

Have you uninstalled the Huion drivers?

In window, they are incompatible (wacom drivers and huion drivers, being really both 3rd party drivers, have no problems living together in Linux, but then you are stuckwith GIMP-Krita as drawing software- wine doesnot support pressure, as far as I know).

Anyway, even juggling back and forth with different versions of the wacom drives may leave problems...

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »

Cheers for the reply!

I realised I was being an idiot.... I still had the old tablet monitor plugged in!!!

unplugged it and I forgot how nice and smooth Wacoms are.... plus i like the extra buttons!!

really looking forward to the build now!! Muahahahahaha!!

Monitors supposed to be here on Tuesday... fingers crossed it's not knackered!! Cheesy:D:D
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 12:05:00 PM »

I installed the drivers for the Intuos 2 after having uninstalled those for the Huion H610, on the Windows7 partition of my laptop... and had no problems. So I imagined compatibility with the Huion stuff may be the issue at hand.

shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 11:31:41 AM »

need to work out the highest i can go without losing drawability. It seems pretty high from what I've messed around with which was pressing on my fingernail and lifting my finger off the Wacom.. I reckon i could get some good sturdy acrylic/perspex/plexi to work with it...

Need to finalize my plan... I keep having the notion of adding a keyboard to it.... mainly cause I'm mental.... splitting it ergonomic style and putting a num pad in somewhere (I does 3d too)...

Might start looking at making mock ups... hmmm...
procersapientiae
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:53 PM »

So, I'm new to this, but it looks like I'll be making a build for a DIY-cintiq based on the Intuos3 12x19.2 as well!
I was planning on getting one of those Yiynova 19" Tablets because they've got a good price-point, but then a 12x19 popped up on ebay like the day I was about to buy a Yiynova. DIY was irresistible when starting with a $200 XL...

So, from what I've read here are the priorities:
1. 21.5" (or 22.2" if you're going with a 10:16, but they're all over priced and untested for Jitter)
2. NO JITTER (might as well off yourself if you can't draw with your tablet.)
3. IPS for viewing angle and better color quality.

SO, I read through some of the build logs, and this one was recent, and particularly appealing:
http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2446.0

It looks like this user used an AOC 2269 (Alphascan?), buuuuuuuuuuuut, I don't see that available in the US (where I am). I'm trying to figure out what panel is in that, and find other models with the same panel, as the lack of jitter is super appealing. I saw the I2269VW (looks exactly the same!) and send AOC a message to see if it is the same monitor, and also asked about the I2267FW. So waiting to hear back before making a purchase, otherwise I'll probably buy it anyway since there aren't many options, and it's $96 on Directron (apparently a decent company)

Other monitors I'd been considering:
1. Getting an IBM T221, if I KNEW there'd be no jitter, I'd consider breaking the bank on this, but it's so expensive and the risk of breaking the panel is real...
2. Panel# M215H3-LA1, I *THINK* it's the panel used in the Tabletmod.com builds from the e2243Fw, it's only 7mm thick, and it's available as a panel on ebay (as is the controller), but then the 21.5" build I linked to basically says that monitor is horrible awful terrible.

So, I have no idea how to divine the model number on the internal panels, it's been tough for me to even find that info. Having a super convenient list of Panel model numbers, thickness, and Monitors associated with the panels, would be the most useful thing ever. As far as I can tell TFTcentral is useless for that also....

I plan on slimming the build as much as possible and only using a 0.5-2mm sheet of some kind of matte acrylic over the panel so that it's as natural of a working surface as possible, thickness depending on what's realistic.
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 05:08:20 PM »

From what I can gather you aren't guaranteed a particular model in any monitor you buy...

I wanted an IPS screen but thought it best be cheap so that if i mess it up its just a cheapo refurbished monitor I've screwed up...

I thought about the yinnova to but went for the huion gt190 - same as the Monoprice tablet screen... and while it works well in Photoshop and gimp etc doesn't work with Manga studio... plus I'm still contemplating moving over to Linux and nothing seems to be supported like the Wacom tablets... so it makes sense to monitor up a Wacom!! Cheesy well... for me anyway... Cheesy
procersapientiae
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 08:40:46 PM »

That would probably explain why a number of the models listed on TFTcentral just say something like '21.5" WS IPS' and don't provide any specific information.

I guess I'll take my chances and order a decently priced 21.5" by AOC. $96 for a I2269Vw in my region.

I'm a 100% linux user, but I plan the build for my girlfriend and/or other artist friends that mostly use Windows, so good to know Wacom's got decent support, I'd completely forgotten to think that over.

Other thoughts:
Do they even make Glossy 1080p 21.5" panels? I can't seem to find any.
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 10:21:52 PM »

Huion, in Linux... there is a driver for the huion stuff, in the digimend project.

Worked really fine with my H610.

Anyway, configuring the thing would probably be a battle (like configuring a Wacom without using the command line tool xsetwacom).

The ones that did, report that both the Huion Gt and the monoprice can be convinced to work well... but you need to meddle with x11 config files.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:23:30 PM by DaBotz » Logged

shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 06:07:16 PM »

ooooo... got my monitor today.... Samsung SC22B300...

rather pleased with it... looks perfect for a refurbished model... Haven't set up colours and stuff properly yet but it's a really good picture....

and it also has a nifty feature.... Samsung Magic Angle... meaning if you lean the monitor back you can adjust the viewing angle to get a better picture!!! SCORE!!

kinda seems a shame to butcher it now.... Guess i'll take some pics at the weekend to and try to have a look at how to dismantle it without destroying it...

NO SCREWS!!!!
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 11:48:01 PM »

Nice! I look forward to seeing how you get on with this build. You sound pretty confident so I imagine that you're used to tinkering and have a fairly good idea what you're doing, should be good.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: