test1
September 19, 2017, 09:39:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New build planning with an Intuos3 A3 wide  (Read 3874 times)
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 08:16:56 AM »

I used to build guitar pedals and built my own tube amp... I enjoy messing around with stuff... Just need to be delicate with this.... The main thing I'm worried about is breaking the LCD panel... I'll probably have a million questions as soon as everything is in pieces! Lol

** doh!! Just spent 10 mins looking for an edit button... **

Also thinking of getting a tempered glass top and fitting some kind of keyboard integration.... Will have a ponder on that... Trying to think of what I would need for my programs.....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:22:16 AM by shugs1981 » Logged
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 12:29:25 AM »

reet.. gonna start on the build log shortly.... as this is in the monitor section still i have a few questions...

firstly... how do i strip the metal sheilding off the back of the screen without screwing it up???

I've stripped it down and at present as soon as it touches any part of the active bit of the tablet it stops any ofit being recognise...

is any of the metal needed? can i just remove it all? all of the cables will be easy enough to extend (the cables to the touch buttons and the cables fom the board to the screen)... except the ribbon cable of course... are there any maximum lengths for these before interferance happens? and will they need sheilding?  is there a place to get longer ribbon cables?

took loads of pics of everything... havent stared looking at the led bits on the top yet... kinda hoping to leave them where they are...

also need a name for the build before i start... will be pulling the wacom apart tomorrow so will get loads of pics of that too...

soooooooo many more questions.... need to design the bezel too to get a quote... also need to wrk out how to make it sturdily vesa mountable....
shugs1981

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »

Hey guys... just looking at ribbon cables and i know that i need a 30 pn FCC... it also had on it 60v 105c... are these numbers important?

I need to check the pitch of it but I may have found ffc's on amazon which are easily extendable cause the have the flat bit on each end but cables in the middle... they still have 60v on them but it states 80c... I'm assuming this is a temperature thing???

any ideas? they're only £3... will it damage the screen or the board if i buy these to test them out?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HG8CLLA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3GASBN7GRUWO2&coliid=I3FOTNUTVQ8VIB
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »

Ok first things first, you can completely remove the metal backing of the screen, and must do  in order to get any of this working; the metal shields the radio waves transmitted by the digitizer from the pen.

As for extending cables, which cables specifically? Which type of cables do you already have? You should probably post some pics - actually, I think you should begin a build log, it sounds like you have started you're build after all.

Will you continue the tradition of the naming convention??

The 60V is likely the maximum voltage that the wires can transmit before the insulation material no longer insulates. The 105c and 80c are indeed the maximum temperature ratings in degrees Celsius. What is the purpose of the FFC that you are looking to extend? If it's to extend LED backlighting 60V is possibly a bit close to the mark but most likely OK, however without knowing what the FFC is for I wouldn't like to say.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: