test1
May 30, 2017, 10:19:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 13" retina screen  (Read 966 times)
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« on: April 11, 2015, 03:10:24 PM »

For anyone who wants to build a 13" retina cintiq:
https://hackaday.io/project/4765-megapixy-a-13-retina-class-screen-on-a-boom-arm
this open hardware project uses the 50€ screen of a chromebook pixel.
It has a 3:2 aspect ratio, a high resolution and is definitely cheaper than a macbook screen (and also easier to use. including a good datasheet).
I also like the aspect ratio (tried this ratio on a friends surface pro 3 and it's very good for drawing. ways better than 16:9).
The person who designed this also said he has some spare eDP cables from a Chinese seller (the cable that connects the screen to the converter board).

I won't build one myself as I already have a cintiq and for a normal monitor 13" is a bit small (I'd love to see a 22" monitor with this resolution and 3:2  Smiley ) but I can assist anyone needing help (as much as it is possible over the internet  Tongue if anyone of you lives in Vienna I could also help physically  Grin ).

-Jakob
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: