test1
April 29, 2017, 04:24:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a LED panel -Getting ready to get ready- syntic  (Read 2204 times)
comfychair

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2015, 01:28:18 AM »

hello bongofish, long time lurker, first time poster.

Ive been looking for a while on these forums for some good LED panels. I am aware of the trouble to get a controller card for LED panels, but I do have a controller that supports them (M.NT68676.2A).

So I'm looking for some recommendations for a 15.4" (or 15.6") LED panel.

*I read on here that 15.6 monitors may be a better choice. I'm willing to go that route if I need to.

Here are some I am looking at:

N154C6-L04
LP156WF4
LP154WE3
LP154WP4

Thanks bongofish! I've already learned alot
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »

Good selection, it appears that you have done your research. I would probably pick either the LP156WF4 since it has the highest resolution of them all, the LP154WE3 because it has the highest resolution of the 15.4" screen, or the LP154WP4 since this has marginally the best colour gamut of the 15.4" panels listed - but perhaps not enough to actually notice. Nope I think at this level I'd pick the LP154WE3 over the LP154WP4 just because of the resolution; I think it's better to have more screen real estate than worry about a few percent colour gamut.

Other than that there's not much to pick them apart. I've added links to panelook so that you can compare them yourself:

http://www.panelook.com/N154C6-L04_Innolux_15.4_LCM_overview_2111.html
http://www.panelook.com/LP156WF4-SLB5_LG%20Display_15.6_LCM_overview_18872.html (note: stay away from the SLB2 it has a problem with the colour Red)
http://www.panelook.com/LP154WE3-TLA1_LG%20Display_15.4_LCM_parameter_12013.html
http://www.panelook.com/LP154WP4-TLA1_LG%20Display_15.4_LCM_parameter_5628.html

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:02:07 PM by Aerendraca » Logged
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 12:05:36 PM »

Also, if you chose to go for the 15.6" you could also throw the Chi Mei N156HGE-LB1 into the mix. I think I had a rant about this screen on my build log some time ago because I wanted the LG156WF4-SLB7 but I got the ChiMei instead, but to be honest there's not much separating them.
comfychair

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »

Alright! I just sent an email to the guy I bought to see if that panel is supported. Everyone here will know when I know.

I've been perusing the successful builds and correct me if Im wrong but most people seem to be converting their CCFL backlights to LED. Are LED monitors really that difficult to find a controller for?

Also, how are these with jitter? The first panel I got was a B154PW02 and the jitter was a big problem.

So you got the Chi Mei? I remember that post, how was the jitter with that panel?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »

I actually returned it in anger because it was not what I ordered, and then I decided to go retina. I don't know if this panel will give jitters but given the similarity to the LG156WF4 and remembering back to the time I spent researching panels, I would say there's a good chance that it'll be minimal and good shielding should take care of the rest, although please note that this is speculation.

This all reminds me that I really should finish that build.
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:10:14 AM »

As for the LED conversion, I tried this once - with limited success, mostly due to being careless, and buying crap LEDs from China.

I think there's only a couple of builds where ccfl was converted to LED (were they successful?), most people buy LED panels if that's what they're after - it's certainly easier that way. You can buy kits to change ccfl to LED that include the light strips and an inverter, but this adds more cost onto what is for most people a cheap way to own a cintiq type device.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 07:15:59 AM by Aerendraca » Logged
comfychair

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »

So I heard back from the supplier, she wouldn't tell me if the M.NT68676.2A supported those panels- she kept pushing me to this controller that did support them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VST29-HDMI-AV-VGA-LVDS-Inverter-LCD-Driver-Board-Kit-Programmable-USB-input-/121219001106

But she said that the LP156WF4 -SLB5 didn't need a driver. I thought that was weird.
Does that sound right?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »

Erm, not sure what to tell you, sounds like perhaps she doesn't know what she's talking about. I have the M.NT68676.2A programmed by NJYTouch for that exact screen (well the slb7 but it's pretty much the same panel). That said, I've never actually tested the controller since I didn't buy the panel in the end.
comfychair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 04:51:54 AM »

Yea I knew it didnt sound right

Well you have the same programmed controller, so it certainly supports it...

I may go with the LP156WF4 -SLB5 based on that fact and get their programmer.

I'll put my order in and let everyone know when it comes in

You wouldn't happen to have the progammer for my LVDS controller? I am guessing it comes with software and the .bin files? If so, and if you still have those files, are there .bin files for the LP156WF4 -SLB5 in there?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:05 AM »

No sorry, I got NJYTouch to do it for me. You could send them an email and ask them about the programmer and .bin files, I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
comfychair

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 09:21:56 PM »

Thats cool

ok guys, quick update  Cool

I read from the thread below that the LP156WF4 (SL)(B1) is really bad with the jitters, so probably going to stay away from that one

http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2214.0

That leaves me with the LP154WE3. It fits my enclosure and I may have found one, but I was stopped cold in my tracks when the programmers that made my controller said they could not guarantee that it would work. this is what she said:

Thank you for your reply, there is no way to make more sure of its compatibility, as we know its right lvds cable and led driver. The only thing is that we are not sure of the program . If the right program is existing, it will work, if not, it will not work before the right program provided. It is possible that it will work . But we can not give you promise.

I never have any idea what she is talking about. Does anyone have an idea?

So....I suppose Im looking for a N154C6-L04.

the search continues....
comfychair

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 12:56:07 AM »

Alright I have a Display Coming

After alot of research I only found 1 monitor that was compatible with my controllers and will fit my enclosure without fuss out of the ones I was looking at.

its the LP154WP4

i also came across a B156XW01 from another project and give it a try. Ill report on interference and jitters on both these panels.

I will start my build log as soon as I get my controller programmer and cable.

I'll post a link here as soon as I create

Thanks bongofish and especially Aerendraca
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 07:14:10 AM »

Excellent, I look forward to seeing how you get on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: