test1
July 20, 2017, 01:42:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 4k and 40" another way back Drawing machine ..oh my..  (Read 5796 times)
woodguy32

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2015, 02:49:48 PM »

Sneaky Peeky.. 4k is AWESOME…more to come..  and JITTER Free..

Lots more to go to complete the build..but this thing makes one great drawing board..lol

4K is amazing, 40" retina Drawing Machine table…type is crystal clear, plus you can draw on this thing…. Just look at all that work space and mad penguins..(note.. the phtoshop screen normally would fill my 27" iMac screen )

Ekk.. the ripping it apart is always the scary part…i could ruin a nice TV real fast..

thanks woodguy32

woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 03:42:49 PM »

Well.. the biggest issue I have is you need a fancy new computer with the 4k Graphic Power.. hacked the pixel clock in the mini mac that works .. but not in bootcamp..

Guess its time to step up , you need a bunch of Pixel pushing for these bad boys..

Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »

Shocked Whoa!! That's epic. 4k!! What the heck, amazing.

I'm curious how you've achieved this and look forward to future posts. Nice work indeed!

P.s I love the gearless calculating device.
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:44:26 AM »

WOW! Looks awesome O.O

What digitizer/tablet are you using?
wildunko
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »

That is awesome.

And I suspect that if you position your digitizer away from the edges that you probably eliminate most all jitter from the circuitry. 

Because I normally use reference material in my drawings and my current setup has been to have my material on a separate screen, by having this arrangement, I could have it nearer to the digitizer and as big as I need it. And because this could be the size of a Drawing/Drafting Table, I would definitely be much more comfortable.

I would love to see a little (or lot) of details on how you got this to work and any issues that you ran into.  Also if you wouldn't mind sharing what you used for the articulation mechanism on the stand.

I've been following Aerendraca current build, but this is definitely something that I would love to tackle.  I'm not sure that I could swallow the cost of a 4K LED TV, but ...  NICE!
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »

As Digitizers. are you using two Intuos 2 12x18, or have you gone for something more recent?

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 11:18:47 PM »

Woodguy32 is being coy and keeping us on tenter hooks. I too am curious, how have you done this?
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 04:57:17 PM »

Well its kind of getting quiet on bongofish lately , so i thought I stir things up with build pics..this is really a 3 part project this is the first part.. more to come..hehe ..tease

The keyboard shelf is removable so you can use the screen keyboard.

Oh..40" 4k Not big enough of a Way back Drawing machine..Next up... How about a 50" 4k resolution Screen Drawing Machine..this is my largest vintage drawing board I ever came across..HUGE…  MASSIVE work Space.. Check out the folding chair and gives you an idea on size..( no its not a scaled down chair..lol )

4k is awesome…hd looks so bad compared to it, you need to see it in person.... well it has 4 times as many pixels like 4 hd screens..

Wood
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:14:30 PM »

Gad.. my other builds look so small and goofy..

ipad retina screen..based Bumhee34 build  ...very cheap easy build.. built quite a few of these.. but they are small..

just some of them..

wood
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 04:21:36 PM »

Flip a duck that's big!!  Shocked

I take it that's the 40" one in the picture and the 50" is in the works?

p.s I'm still hanging on to find out how you achieved such a large drawing area.
thatcomicsguy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »

You found a Calcomp drawing board?

http://www.gtcocalcomp.com/large-format-digitizers

Those things sell for thousands!

But I guess, if you're pulling apart giant 4K screens, you're in that ballpark anyway...

Please tell us more! Smiley

Or is it an old Altek board?

How does it's stylus action compare to Wacom?  Can you shoot a video of this (big) puppy in action?  This is awesome!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:20:14 AM by thatcomicsguy » Logged
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2015, 07:14:14 AM »

I am also very curious what kind of digitiger is used.

Anyway, this is awesome, cool, and gorgeous!
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 01:12:33 PM »

I'm also really interested in what digitizer you used :3
(this is one huge tablet Tongue)
metapharsical

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 07:13:18 PM »

OH WOW!!!

THIS. IS. JUST. AMAZING!!!

IS THIS FOR REAL?!?!
You've really out done us all!!!

I'll be waiting with bated breath along with everyone else to discover how you managed to pull this off   Shocked

Once again, incredible craftsmanship! I am in awe Good Sir!
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 12:06:38 AM »

The calcomps... have pressure styluses?Huh I thought those were pure CAD machines...

The 24x36 would cover a 40" with an inch to spare on sides, and 4 inches on height... the build seems to have resonably more "air" around the screen on the vertical... ... ...

That stylus in the photo looks like'wn Intuos2, to me...

but the Calcomp... their 44x60" is good for a 68" screen...

A terribly dangerous urge may have come over me.

Luckily, I am pennyless.

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: