test1
October 17, 2017, 02:02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple iPad Pro and Pencil and the Surface 3.. are they the new Cintiqs  (Read 2459 times)
woodguy32

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2015, 03:21:39 PM »

well the news is out and The iPad pro with its 12' screen a better drawing machine..Wacom is going need to do some catching up to prove them they still have this market..

Both these tablets have and if not better drawing abilities.. iPad Pro comes in with its retina Screen..and both are under half the price of a Wacom Hd Cintiq..

it will be interesting to watch and see.. doesn't matter much to us with our Awesome Builds we do.. but I am worried about the Driver side of the Wacoms, Both windows 10 and yoesemite many drivers are Dead..( there are workarounds but its never pretty )

I am hearing horror stories of wacoms not working.. lag and wiggly lines with these  newest OS , both windows and mac..

we will see..

XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 07:20:28 PM »

As Linus from LinusTechTips said: Apple makes kids with a lot of money look like Professionals...
The pen is everything but not ideal for drawing (thin, no grip, ...)
Also iOS is the biggest restriction for anyone who wants to do some serious work (no APPs that come close to Krita/Corel Painter/Photoshop) and performance is also nowhere near an i7 and 8GB of RAM (Cintiq Companion 2 for example).
The Surface Pro 3 is nice and the pen is pretty good although it lags behind when it's not touching the surface to save battery which is irritating for someone like me who only used Wacom stuff before.

Just my thoughts about it. (and I have to admit that I'm not a big Apple fan although I like the PC hard/software but it is too expensive and the mobile stuff is too locked down...)
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »

Not comparing Apple or Windows stuff.. just to Wacom..

the high price of wacom products.. both the microsoft and apple new tablet devices are less then half the price of the current cintiq.. and you still need to get the computer to work the thing to work….and with all the issues the wacoms have with the new OS .. windows 10 and Yosemite.. just search the issues. of lag and wiggle lines..

I am sure wacom is watching this really hard..and I hope they wake up.. otherwise everybody going to build their own Cintiq.. I know my new 40" 4 K drawing board blows the small HD cintiq out of the water.. just in size alone..( got only 400 bucks in it, include the vintage cast iron base which was the most expensive part. ) and I am not done.. got a 50" model in the works..and I playing with my own touchscreen IR system..

So wake up wacom…

wood
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 07:48:10 PM by woodguy32 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: