test1
March 28, 2017, 09:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: So where can I get ...  (Read 2392 times)
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »

I just read that apparently UV light wrecks the liquid crystal, which is why LCD polarisers are also UV filters.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »

Ahh the penny has dropped, i understand what you're trying to do now. I was imagining you requiring two states of polarization, but you only need one because you actually need to remove the polarized light in order to see the specular light.

Exposing pcbs direct from the screen was the idea. If it worked I would have been able to print pcbs with a very tight pitch, trouble was that the leds were peak 400nm so only just in the uv, and glass is good at absorbing uv, so the part of the spectrum I was after was dim to start with and dimmed further by the glass. I'm tempted to revisit the idea at some point with a bit more careful thought. It almost worked by the way, it took about 20mins to partially expose a small area of photoresist but the backlight didn't quite have the umph to do the job properly.

This is exactly why 3D Printers that cure UV resin only work using DLP Projectors Tongue
(And as soon as I can afford one I will build such a printer because it has really great accuracy compared to my standard FDM 3D printer :3)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: