Bongofish
September 19, 2018, 04:42:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to business, Tablet PC digitizer to Teensy issues  (Read 2858 times)
AnKi
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:26:29 PM »

Hello People, I registered in this forum to ask for some help a couple of years ago,
Now I have some questions again and I will apreciate any help you can provide me

Is the Waxbee compatible with Teensy 3.1? I wasn't able to flash it using the waxbee utility, and the 3.1 is the one I have, I have a digitizer pulled from a fujitsu t4010, I've wired it as serial and seems to work because I can see activity when I check the serial monitor from arduino ide.

I will post some pics when i get home,

Thanks in advance!
AnKi

Hi, I came from a far away planet called Uruguay.
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 01:59:22 PM »

Welcome back!

In princple the the Waxbee code should be compatible for the most part, however the hardware of the Teensy3.1 is different to the Teensy2.0 which means that you will need to have the Arduino IDE (as this is what you're using) correctly setup to set the fuses etc for the T3.1.

There's an article on the PJRC website that tells you how to set it up properly here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

I would suggest giving that a go and see what happens. Bare in mind that the pinout of the Teesny3.1 is possibly different so you may have to change some of the code to allow for this.

I must confess that I have never used Waxbee, but this is how I would go about looking into it to start with.
AnKi
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 02:05:11 AM »

Thankyou very much for your answer Aerendaca!

Well I've been checking the source files but the problem also is that I have zero knowledge about code (of any kind), If I can't do anything with the stuff I have I'll find a way to get a Teensy 2.0 (I can't get one here where I live),

I also may have luck with a Sparkfun ProMicro board I have ( This one https://www.sparkfun.com/products/12640 ) that has a ATmega32U4 as the Teensy 2.0 does, I dare to say is almost the same board

I'll update with the results

--Edit--

Ok, no luck with the Sparkfun board, I'll get some Teensy 2.0 boards on ebay to do this stuff, It may take a month or so to arrive so I'll be patient

I'll update again if some idea or anything else pops-up

* 20160116_115553.jpg (433.13 KB, 1446x813 - viewed 226 times.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 04:02:40 PM by AnKi » Logged

thatcomicsguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 08:18:02 AM »

Why don't you order directly from Paul and Robin at PJRC?  (The original creators of the Teensy line.  They design the boards, order mass-produced quantities and sell them out of their home!)

https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy.html

Also, it actually says on the drop-down menu on their order page that they will send to Uruguay.

Order direct and help support this awesome team!
AnKi
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 03:23:02 PM »

Why don't you order directly from Paul and Robin at PJRC?

I'll do Smiley (is actully cheaper also haha)

AnKi
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 07:06:56 PM »

**Update guys**

Well I bought a Teensy 2.0, surprisingly it only took 10 days to arrive and not a whole month

I've flashed it using Bernard's Waxbee, but without success, I couldn't make it work, It recognizes the Teensy as a pointer device, but wacom drivers does not seem to find it.

I am running Windows 8.1 64bit, also tried in Ubuntu Gnome but wacom utility seems to not found it (i didn't try to set it manually through the console)

Any Ideas?,
Thanks.

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 03:05:47 PM »

What is your tablet model exactly? What template have you picked?  You said you run Windows 8.1 -- some Wacom drivers for Intuos2 does not always work there -- have you installed the correct Wacom drivers?  Have you tried the Intuos5 emulation?  (there might not be a ready-made template for your tablet, but I can help with that).
AnKi
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 02:31:36 PM »

Wow, I'm glad to see you back Bernard, I was afraid that It would never happen ToT

I have everything stopped at home right now, when I get there I'll check everything because and post it here.. I've already forgotten which and how was my setup.
Thankyou!

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 07:07:49 AM »

When asking questions or in trouble, always make sure you describe what you have, else how can we help?  Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: