test1
May 30, 2017, 04:38:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Hardware and firmware question  (Read 1110 times)
Ertew

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »

Hello.  
I'm newbie in tablets and have some questions. Please explain me few things.

I have 'screen' from broken T5010 laptop. LCD work fine with VGA->LVDS adapter, so I use it as second screen. But 'screen' also contain a serial wacom digitizer (ISDV4, no touch, tested on usb->serial converter), that working too. So I wish to use digitizer too.
I have win7 64b but can't make serial drivers work.

Next chapter. I found this forum and simple solution: I should buy "Teenesy" board, program it and install wacom USB drivers. But some parts are unclear for me.

1. What uC, what board I should buy?
- Teensy2 with ATMEGA32U4
- Any arduino leonardo clone with ATMEGA32U4
- Teensy 2++ with AT90USB1286
- Teensy 3.0 or 3.1 with ARM?

2. Where I can found firmware for that board? I mean a source code or similar.
I found only a waxbee software that can generate hex file. But I wish to see what's inside, how it's done, and maybe expand firmware with some features.

EDIT:
3. I create hex file, program my "pro micro" board with it and bricked bootloader  Sad That's not the right way.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:03:22 PM by Ertew » Logged

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 06:39:50 PM »

This is not my speciality as I've not done this conversion, but I can say that the code is written for the teensy 2, and that the original code - i believe - is owned by a forum member that no longer frequents these boards. I also think there is a way to blow the pro micro with the teensy boot loader, but you'll have to do some searching (try the DIY mechanical keyboard forums - deskthority/geekhack).

You should be able to revive you're pro micro using an usb to FTDI device, or using another arduino.

I've always wanted to view the source code for waxbee.
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »

Ok, one problem solver, another appears.

@ source codes. I found some codes at GitHub: https://github.com/popbee/waxbee
Not have time for deep analyze but it looks good. And yes, it's for ATmega32U4 (Teensy 2.0), any board should works.

@ bootloader. There are two problems and one solution.
As I found, Teensy use "HalfKay" bootloader, that's property of PJRC and nobody else can have it.
Arduino and clones use different bootloader, that require 4kB of flash (HalfKay only 0.5kB), so large firmware can't be write with this bootloader.
Solution - I have UsbASP, so I still can generate firmware an load it manually. Ugly way but working.

After all I can mark a small success. Pro micro was recognized by system as mouse and HID device. Tomorrow I'll install Wacom software and test is it works.

Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 07:59:25 AM »

That's excellent work! If you this working well you should write a short how to guide, I know there's plenty of people that come to this (quiet) forum that would find this useful!
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:00:09 PM »

Hooooray, it's almost done. I promise to post some photos within next two days.
Things to do:
- calibrate size of the tablet,
- make mechanic part (cover for ATmega32U4 and LVDS converter),
- make photos,
- write and publish guide.

Btw. I have out of the box tablet-PC and want publish review of it. What board I should select? "Gallery of Cool" is good for unmodified equipment?

AnKi
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 11:08:43 PM »

Hi Ertew, can you please detail your setup?. OS, Wacom driver version, If you have configured it as Intuos 2 or Graphire, etc
Because I've Teensy2.0, flashed it, everything went "ok" but wacom drivers doesn't recognize it. Maybe I've a wrong version

Thankyou very much

Hi, I came from a far away planet called Uruguay.
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

I've added a new board for general discussion about hardware called "Hardware Talk", you can be the first to post your review here.
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 06:35:50 PM »

Hi Ertew, can you please detail your setup?. OS, Wacom driver version, If you have configured it as Intuos 2 or Graphire, etc
Because I've Teensy2.0, flashed it, everything went "ok" but wacom drivers doesn't recognize it. Maybe I've a wrong version

Thankyou very much

- Win7 (shouldn't matter that I have 64b).
- WacomTablet_6.1.7-3.exe
- ISDV4 to Intous2 generate from WaxBee. I only change default 8Mhz to 16Mhz.

Btw. I tested many software versions from official Wacom site. Don't waste Your time as I do.
Intous2, Graphite 3 and Bamboo need older version of drivers, available only on https://www.wacom.asia/tablet-drivers

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 03:02:03 PM »

Seems like a lot of people is hitting that 4K bootloader issue. I should really get into building a solution to fit 28K instead of 31.5K...

Good that you solved your issue. Sorry for all the inconvience! Hope you are enjoying your tablet!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: