Bongofish
December 17, 2017, 04:52:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vid of the big 40" 4K thingy running..and designs for other new big builds..  (Read 1841 times)
woodguy32

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2016, 01:03:36 AM »

Gad..its too quiet here.. nobody building these things anymore.. wells just fun for me to throw these things together along with my other strange Retro tech builds..

the vids bad.. its big.. and the 4K is crystal clear.. i can't never go back to a small HD screen.. its just so pixelized..  you can do the work of 4 screens on these massive units..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2PDriSN1R4

Well other the builds in progress.. yes Huge.. yes for Work.. and yes for Play

got two in progress.. with big 4K screens..and will have slide on add ons..thing gaming arcade- Two Screen Drawing machine-music-machine.. (Keyboard with drumheads and mixer) -Theater-JukeBox .. we you get the idea.. all round unit.. should be fun..

woodguy32

« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:05:10 AM by woodguy32 » Logged
woodguy32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:15:16 AM »

other Big odds stuff coming out of the shop lately. 

camera.. big?

Robotic Dragons

wooden Hot rods..

woodguy32
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 02:57:30 PM »

Awsome!! And that's to everything that appears above. That giant 4K rig looks excellent to work with, I bet your absolutely delighted with it.
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:06:29 PM »

Gad..its too quiet here.. nobody building these things anymore...

It is potentially true...

We all know the risks involved, and that non-Wacom monitor-tablets are getting better, so
nowadays there are off-the shelf alternatives at an affordable price... comparable to  a build
with a couple of snags.

O well, long live the Simtiqs!

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
wildunko
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 05:36:59 PM »

Woodguy,  Are you planning on showing us how you put your 40" 4K thingy together (what controller, what digitizer, how you incorporated all of the support components as well as what you uncovered when you stripped the 4K down and if there were any major hurdles/issues that you had to deal with, ...)?  I just recently had the opportunity to draw on a Cintiq 24" and when I compare that experience to using my older 15" Cintiq, well, it was like night and day.  I still had to use my primary screen to hold my reference material,  but I can only imagine how nice it would be to have my reference material on the same screen right next to my drawing area.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 11:45:08 AM »

Woodguy32 you are unstoppable!  Speaking of which, how are you doing?  Glad to hear you are still active!

@wildunko  He hinted at some of the tricks he pulled with the dual Wacom boards and IR in another thread - there is also a picture of the 4K TV he used stripped down. I believe he passes less time on forums and more time building stuff.  Wink 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: