test1
July 21, 2017, 09:50:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Traytiq (tx2000-based device)  (Read 780 times)
rumbaq
New Poster

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:50:24 PM »

Hi guys. I've been making this device for over 2 years since I first got the idea of making something of my old tx2000 laptop which was broken because of the well-known overheating issue. However, I had no time... Several month ago I bought the LCD controller, then had to figured out firmware and wiring issues, then made the woodwork and finally I have my Traytiq - keyboard tray/display/digitizer device.

I would like to express my appreciation to Trashie, bernard and other guys who kind of reverse-engineered this digitizer unit. Aerendraca, thank you for the personal assistance with the LVDS wiring.

Components:
  • AUO B121EW03 V8 LCD panel
  • SU5R-12W04AU-01X digitizer unit
  • LM.R25.A4 1291 LCD controller board
  • furniture board
  • varnish
  • filler paste
  • self adhesive film
  • edge stripping
  • molding
  • USB Type B connector
  • 2x diodes (I got 1N4003 with forward voltage drop of 0.8 V each)

I cut a place for the LCD panel and then varnished the furniture board. Otherwise, a self adhesive film does not glue properly.
Using Trashie's pinout for digitizer unit, I soldered the diodes and the bypass capacitor to the power wire. The last one is not necessary but recommended (see "3V Tips 'n Tricks" by Microchip Technology etc). Then I soldered all the wires to the USB connector and secured it with a filler paste along with the VGA cable and the LCD controller power cable.
With all the connections done I checked the device and then glued the self adhesive film. Molding was used to decorate film cut and it is also helpful to feel the borders with the pen.
Done!

Clockwise:
That's how it looked from the bottom.
Then I glued the film and secured the LCD keyboard.
That's how the connectors look like.
And here's the moldings glued.

That's how it works.

That's the general view.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:24:10 PM by rumbaq » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: