test1
September 22, 2017, 09:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Sketchbook (DSB)  (Read 10482 times)
haiku
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »

Hey Xavierblak

Yeah so the HDMI cable caused me so many problems. I was hoping to use a tiny HDMI ribbon cable but as much as I'd like to say every HDMI cable is them same when it comes to the NUC this just isn't the case. Heres a link to a thread I started on the intel forums to try and get a fix:
https://communities.intel.com/thread/103047

Never really narrowed down what the problem was, I think the Intel guys never expected someone to want to use a HDMI cable less than 30cm long so there were interference issues or something. The problem may well have been resolved now but I'm not taking it apart to find out.

Yeah so that's part of the original heatsink that came with the board. It originally has some heat pipes coming off it to a fan at the side of the nuc but seeing as this would have been too wide for my case I removed the pipes put two heatsink blocks on top and the fan right next to it. I don't get any heat problems so it seems to work.

Sorry man I really should have taken more pictures as I went along, it's just when I get started I forget to stop and document the process Smiley
While there's still more I can add to it it's realistically not going to get an upgrade for a long time as it's reached the "good enough" threshold for me.

xavierblak
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 05:33:25 AM »

Hmm interesting about the NUC/HDMI problems. I'm considering starting a similar project and I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks for the reply.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: