test1
March 27, 2017, 07:37:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MiniQ - Raw to Sketch  (Read 724 times)
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« on: May 28, 2016, 11:41:52 PM »

I landed an old computer, mostly to write stuff after midnight when, like Cinderella, I am chased away from the space where I keep my main PC.

It is a Pentium 4 (?), 2.66Ghz with 1.5 GB of RAM (I added 1 GB) and Windows XP Service Pack 2 (where the hell do I find a SP3, to upgrade enough to install GIMP 2.8.16???)

I tried to use my old companion, CabinetiQ, with it...

Too big, too heavy, too damn crappy the LCD (I really used that for a year? ... time to look for a better screen, or sell the Intuos 4 L inside it) and too bad the line quality (C...Q has no "casual" jitter, but its drift following my hands movements are far from being fun, without a stroke stabilizer... and I do not like the Pressure response of the Intuos 4 grip pen, without Lazy Nezumi to tweak it)

Now, where may I find a smaller "X...Q", that doesn't occupy every inch of space on my sitting room table, has a good, readable screen, uses a pen that I actually like and has jitter low enbough that it can be used without Lazy Nezuni in a program that has no stroke stabilization?

OK, rhetoric question, I finished one such machine last week.

This is the first sketch that I make with the MiniQ, using Photoshop Elements 2 (with PE 10, the PC asks to commit seppuku... anyway, neither has stroke smoothers of any kind)

* sketch- a.jpg (411.32 KB. 1275x1650 - viewed 68 times.)

(reduced 1:2)

As a side note, the PC in question only has 1 VGA output that I use with a 19", so I use a USB 2.0 to VGA Displaylink adapter for the MiniQ.

Now, I would not care watching a movie through such an adapter, but an image changing slowly and in small parts, like when one is drawing... that's almost exactly what they are designed to do.

I saw no visible overhead, while I draw this.

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: