test1
April 29, 2017, 04:30:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Power supply trouble (AKA Please help an idiot with stripping his screen)  (Read 782 times)
DavidK
New Poster

liek dis iv u cri evertim

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:09 AM »

Question,

Recently I got my hands on an Intuos3 A4 regular and an Acer AL511. The specs on CNet said it had an external power supply, but when i looked on the back, I saw it used the same power cable as a computer(I don't know what it's called, I'm better at the software side of things). I know that internal power supplies mean trouble, and there's no transformer on the cable.

So.. Does a big 3-pin input mean internal power supply?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:08:18 AM by DavidK » Logged

Came from the Hole. Dramatic sting
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »

There are 3 or more standard AC (mains voltage) input sockets (and matching plugs). Please look here: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/iec-connectors/0449922/
This is one of standard IEC connectors, table below shows more standard types.

Any manufacturer that design own DC connector, always check standards and make sure that new connector are much much different than existing models. Because of that users cannot swap plugs by mistake.

So if standard computer cable fit to monitor socket, monitor must have standard AC input and internal power supply.

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
DavidK
New Poster

liek dis iv u cri evertim

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 09:56:18 AM »

Thanks  Wink

Came from the Hole. Dramatic sting
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: