Bongofish
November 22, 2017, 02:01:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NJYTouch programmer alternative?  (Read 4568 times)
gordon13

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2013, 01:54:07 AM »

Hi, I have a 1400x1050 screen that I want to connect to my R.RM3251C controller board. The board currently has a 1024x768 screen connected to it.

When I connected the new screen, the colours are weird and it looks like only a portion of the image is displayed. I assume this is due to the controller being programmed for the other LCD panel.

Now I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could make it work without having to buy one of the programmers (cant find them on ebay and from what I remember they cost way more than the controller board :/ ).

I'm hoping for some DIY method involving an Arduino or something LOL. If not I may just get a new controller as they seem to be pretty cheap.

Thanks!
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:19:54 PM »

yes: the programming is obviously wrong since the panels are different. In terms of the backlight alone, it works fine I assume?

Build one: I did not see a project that does this -- I did not see anywhere a description of the programming protocol or even how it is wired (what technology is used).  An Arduino board might actually be more expensive than the programmer itself.

I actually have a programmer here and I could start reverse-engineering it, but alas, time is missing for me. So you will have to wait (months).

gordon13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »

Yeh the backlight works.

I've looked and there's no datasheet or anything that might hint as to how it works. It was problem designed by them in house hence why there's no info anywhere.

From the looks of it, the programmer just sends data through the VGA connector, so if someone were to analyse the signals coming out of it, surely using some relatively simple circuitry we could replicate that signal and be able to program the controllers without the programmer?
Unfortunately I don't have the capabilities (or knowledge) to even attempt something like that.

Oh well, it was a long shot, I would have been surprised if someone had done this Smiley The reason I said an Arduino was because I have one and its very easy to get a simple project going.

Thanks anyway, I'll just get a new board. They seem pretty cheap and I might even be able to get one with a DVI connector.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 05:06:16 PM »

...hopefully your new board will have the good programming  Tongue

Another option is to send your board over to be reprogrammed.
gordon13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:04:13 PM »

Ah didn't think of asking them to reprogram it! I'll have to ask them.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:10:39 PM »

you could even send the LCD over as well -- (need great packaging there) -- so they can testify that it works before sending it back to you.
gordon13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »

While I'm waiting for a response from the supplier, I'm looking into how the resolution is actually programmed into the controller.

I attempted to force a resolution change using this tutorial:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/7947-force-dvi-hdmi-resolutions-refresh-rates.html

However changing the resolution now extends the image beyond the size of the screen (not surprising since this didn't change the firmware of the LCD). But I feel I'm getting somewhere...

Also this looks interesting..:
http://www.chalk-elec.com/?p=1420

Hmm going to do some more reading.
rumbaq
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »

If anyone consider the LCD controller programming, you could use the ROVATools with several programmers (FFI see What's supported part). You could also make your own cheap LPT (parallel) port VCT-Jig like programmer based on 74HC05 and use a Postal2 software from a Russian developer (FFI google "rtd2120 postal2"). The last one works with 32-bits Windows only (tested on Win10/32-bit).
I faced the same problem of the incorrect firmware which has come by default with the LM.R25.A4 (declared as an updated RM3251) and I used the VCT-Jig to read and write the new firmware (unfortunately, the other firmware is not working too).
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 09:10:28 PM »

If anyone consider the LCD controller programming, you could use the ROVATools with several programmers (FFI see What's supported part). You could also make your own cheap LPT (parallel) port VCT-Jig like programmer based on 74HC05 and use a Postal2 software from a Russian developer (FFI google "rtd2120 postal2"). The last one works with 32-bits Windows only (tested on Win10/32-bit).
I faced the same problem of the incorrect firmware which has come by default with the LM.R25.A4 (declared as an updated RM3251) and I used the VCT-Jig to read and write the new firmware (unfortunately, the other firmware is not working too).
Nice find! *-*
I always wondered why this programmers are so expensive and why nobody cloned them...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: