test1
April 29, 2017, 04:32:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Known good LVDS cables are shorting when I wire them up  (Read 269 times)
LTN121t
New Poster

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2016, 07:31:28 AM »

(I don't know if this is the right category)
Tried wiring some LVDS cables to an universal controller board, already read the datasheets and found what goes where, but every time, VCC wire seems to be connected to the metal casing of the LCD-side LVDS connector, and in one cable, so was GND. At first I thought it was a cable defect but I tried with some other cables that were definitely working perfectly fine prior to being salvaged.

Is this supposed to happen or something? I don't know much about this stuff and I don't want to blow up my LCD, controller board, or my house.
For this reason I've only connected the VCC/GND pins and left it at that until I can get further assistance.

UPDATE: On the connector I'm trying right now all or most (all so far, haven't gotten to the end yet) of the wires are continuity with the metal connector part.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 08:31:06 AM by LTN121t » Logged
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:20:15 PM »

What controller board and screen are you using? Do you have pictures? You can upload them in the 'Additional Options' when you reply.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: