test1
July 24, 2017, 03:37:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Infra red touch bar  (Read 743 times)
profaldo

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2016, 08:44:32 AM »

Hi guys, just watched this infra red touch bar on Unbox therapy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR5r1EfvheI

I am guessing someone can integrate that on a DIY cintiq build to get touch compatibility. However, a script of some sort would have to be written to disconnect it when the wacom pen is interacting.

Just put it here for some creative brain storming.

What do you guys think?
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 11:47:05 PM »

You can buy an actual touchscreen digitizer glass at that price (or less) from say, an HP touchsmart laptop or similar. You can also find tabletPC screens with wacom pen+touch digitizers built in. Fun gadget, but i doubt it has the multitouch capability needed in a cintiq-type application. Even with proper touch support on the real thing, i havent seen one cintiq user that actually uses it, everyone prefers to just use the side buttons.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:49:19 PM by Pesho » Logged
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 12:37:38 PM »

Not exactly a script - you'd have to write a "filter" that "disconnects" the touch tracking when... and here comes the fun part.

Disconnect the touch sensor when the pen "hits" the surface?

If you use Lazy Nezumi, the result would be that, when you touch the surface, the cursor "jumps" from where you were changing settings to where you are drawing, likely adding a straight line in the drawing.

If you decide that the touch screen "disengage" on pen hovering over the drawing area, to use the touch you have to stop, raising the pen a cm before going back.

Now, with any decent set-up (not only a "true" Cintiq, but even just my ungodly wireless Numpad + Device dependent macros) you can keep hammering your hot-keys WHILE you draw...

For example, changing the reference size of the brush in between strokes.

And this is the reason why a lot of those that tried it (or worse, have bought a Wacom that has it) decided to forgot the whole touch function, while they draw.

It may be useful when you are not drawing, maybe...

But what represents a near-comfortable work-flow on a 10'' (using your fingers to interact with the GUI) becomes an hassle if you use it on, say, a 22".

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: