Bongofish
November 19, 2017, 01:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wacom alternatives  (Read 541 times)
jonc22
New Poster

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2017, 01:23:52 AM »

What's a good alternative to the Wacom tablets something that will work as good but be a lot cheaper for a first time build. Don't fancy spending big money on a second hand Wacom and reckon it
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 10:48:32 AM »

I know that there exist many alternatives but I remember only Wacom. Small hint for You:

New Wacom tablets and used but still pretty new USB models are expensive.
Try to search for much older serial and ADB models. You can use it with modern PCs if You add WaxBee converter (teensy or adruino micro board with proper software).
P.S. Buy only complete sets with pen, cables and power supply. Spare pen can be more expensive than obsolete but fully working tablet.

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:57:51 PM »

Older Wacom digitizers (especially the Intuos 3 series) seem to be available pretty cheaply used (I got an A4 version for 25€ and a A5 version for 20€ some time ago).
As for alternatives there are quite a few but most of which I tried didn't come close to Wacom (I heard some good things about XP-Pen and Huion but I never tried those two).
jonc22
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:15:12 PM »

Just looking at a Intuos 3 A4 now if I bought it what Monitor Screen size am i best going for
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 08:57:40 PM »

Older Wacom digitizers (especially the Intuos 3 series) seem to be available pretty cheaply used (I got an A4 version for 25€ and a A5 version for 20€ some time ago).
As for alternatives there are quite a few but most of which I tried didn't come close to Wacom (I heard some good things about XP-Pen and Huion but I never tried those two).

The digitizers yes, but the pens (ZP series) are rather expensive, more than the KP-series for the Intuos 4 tablets. If you can find an Intuos 3 with a pen at a reasonable price, it's a bargain. They are mostly 4:3 though.
Yoshidaka
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 11:29:08 AM »

This information is very helpful to me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: