test1
October 19, 2017, 03:02:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wacom emr board from fujitsu tablet how to connect  (Read 998 times)
Arey
New Poster

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2017, 08:16:48 PM »

Hello, bongofishers.

need your advice

i have Dell XPS 12 9250 4k uhd win 10 tablet 2 in 1
the lcd screen is really cool, while the pen (wacom aes) is not intended for drawing as of awfull jiterring when drawing slow.

i started to think to make a diy upgrade of this tablet...looking at wacom emr from fujitsu
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/NEW-12-5-Digitizer-LCD-Assembly-for-Fujitsu-Lifebook-T734-CP592450-01-/161973217831?hash=item25b65b2a27:g:b~4AAOSwezVWubY6

questions:
1) do you think it is possible to find a naked (without a lcd screen) wacom emr board 12.5'?
2) how to connect wacom board... ? how to make it working hardware wize...

of couse i'll need to strip my lcd display from del tablet ..that will be next topic, but more or less i understand how to do this

Alex
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »

Before fighting with hardware, have you tried if you can manage the jitter with a stroke stabilyzer  software (like Lazy Nezumi) ?

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Arey
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 09:00:24 AM »

yes i've tried it... and i'm not satisfied... the averaging works there but not in the way it would work for me.... i 'd like to have dynamic dependency of the parameters of the avg algorithm onto the speed of drawing.

i even mailed to the algorithm creator with proposal.... he has a prototype of the one and probably in tje future we will experience it.... but meanwhile, trying to figure out hardware option(s
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 01:32:17 PM »

1) It's possible, but you normally won't find them alone. Most of the time they come with the LCD screen as one unit like in the link.
2) That will be tricky because nobody here has much experience with the newer-generation digitizers like on the T734. It's very likely they're USB, but the pinout is a mystery. The AES digitizer likely uses USB as well, so you may be able to get away with splicing its cable and routing it to the EMR digitizer instead. The EMR digitizer itself just peels off and you should be able to stick it to the back of the Dell screen if the size matches and there are no obstructions.
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 11:16:59 PM »

Seeing that the Wacom AES tech works similar to the N-trig stylus found in the MS Surface tablets, it is very likely that the electronics aren't behind the screen like with EMR digitizers but in the glass therefore making it impossible to just "swap" it because the screen very likely doesn't have a lot of space behind it and probably is covered in metal like with most modern laptop LCDs.
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:26:11 AM »

Yeah, if it's metal there it's a lost cause. Guess i haven't dealt with many modern laptops as the ones i've opened have always been plastic on the back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: