test1
August 19, 2017, 05:44:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Laptop screen to wacom cintiq screen
Ignore this - 0 (0%)
Ignore this - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Laptop screen to wacom cintiqfor drawing  (Read 844 times)
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2017, 02:54:05 PM »

Hello guys! I woiuld like to build for myself a little screen where i can draw on it. Currently i have a screen from the laptop that i do not use. Model N LP156WF6 SP B1. This is a non touchscreen panel. (im a noob at this stage but im good to assembly computers, so i know a little thing of hw parts). What i have to buy in order to make my screen as a Cintiq? I have to buy another screen that has yet a touchscreen module or i can do buying some parts? Sorry for thoose noob questions but i dont knwo the structure and the funcionalty of a Wacom screen >)
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:54:43 PM »

Sorry but i could not make a topic but only a poll
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 12:24:29 AM »

A touchscreen and a digitizer-monitor are not the same... modern Cintiqs may have a touch screen, but it is an add on (and not all users enjoy it, as it sometimes interfere with drawing, like issues with spotty palm rejection in left hand mode creeping in in some driver revisions, strokes activating gestures etc) to the basic digitizer activity.

Most DIY project here have no touch interface (one would need to write a mouse filter driver that mutes the touch mouse on pen's detection, at the very minimum).

You'll need a controller for the pane (which has almost no metal in the active area, so you can decide to skip the panel modding phase)l, and a suitable digitizer (graphic tablet.)

15:6 full HD, the tablets that comes nearer are the Wacom Intuos 4, intuyos 5 and intuos pro  large. Alas, these are 8 x 12.8 ", so they are some 80 pixels narrower han your screen.

>As your panel is just 3.2 mm thick and has no metal plate, once you have a controller and have it up and running, ypu can simply lay it over the tablet and see how it goes.

If you feel very adventurous, you can try with the Huion 1410 Gianos - it is 14" x 10 ", and I think it is the digitizer that Huion uses in their 15.6" full HD "Cintiq Knockoff".

It is some 150 $, though.

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 07:20:17 AM »

A touchscreen and a digitizer-monitor are not the same... modern Cintiqs may have a touch screen, but it is an add on (and not all users enjoy it, as it sometimes interfere with drawing, like issues with spotty palm rejection in left hand mode creeping in in some driver revisions, strokes activating gestures etc) to the basic digitizer activity.

Most DIY project here have no touch interface (one would need to write a mouse filter driver that mutes the touch mouse on pen's detection, at the very minimum).

You'll need a controller for the pane (which has almost no metal in the active area, so you can decide to skip the panel modding phase)l, and a suitable digitizer (graphic tablet.)

15:6 full HD, the tablets that comes nearer are the Wacom Intuos 4, intuyos 5 and intuos pro  large. Alas, these are 8 x 12.8 ", so they are some 80 pixels narrower han your screen.

>As your panel is just 3.2 mm thick and has no metal plate, once you have a controller and have it up and running, ypu can simply lay it over the tablet and see how it goes.

If you feel very adventurous, you can try with the Huion 1410 Gianos - it is 14" x 10 ", and I think it is the digitizer that Huion uses in their 15.6" full HD "Cintiq Knockoff".

It is some 150 $, though.

Wow Thanks for the info. So i dont need a touch panel to let those things work.
What let the Pen working its that Green circuit board ??
Anyway i would not buy the graphics tablet its so necessary? Or i can Just buy a screen with a wacom digotizer included like this for example ?  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252974112719
So If i understood i have to put the Green wacom board for first, then put my LCD above and It should work? So i need
1 A screen (that already i have)
2 A wacom Green circuit board
3 A controller for the screen

Am i wrong or good? Sorry i Just need to know about the mecanishm how It works Smiley

PS: So After i building all' good, It Will bè pressure sensitive like 2048 levels or not?

this is the panel that i have i put some photos https://ibb.co/gpqMtF
https://ibb.co/jRfbSa
https://ibb.co/e1tVna
https://ibb.co/k4K37a
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 07:52:44 AM by axel9546 » Logged
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 02:23:33 PM »

The pressure sensitivity is defined by the wacom board and pen used (so if you use a screen with digitizer like the one you linked, you will only have the amount of pressure levels that the wacom penabled tech gives you which were 512 levels iirc).
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »

The pressure sensitivity is defined by the wacom board and pen used (so if you use a screen with digitizer like the one you linked, you will only have the amount of pressure levels that the wacom penabled tech gives you which were 512 levels iirc).
Okay nice to hear this! Smiley
Ok so what i need its a not too much big tablet where to draw.
Im seeing some specs about Intuos 4 and 5 and what i saw is that some of they call about "Active area" .
For example the Intuos 5 medium has a size of 37.9 x 25.1  cm and an Active area of 22.3 x 13.9 cm. I do not understand, this mean when i Will open the tablet to fit my 15.4 screen, i Will found an area of 22.3 x 13.9 to draw, or i can draw on all' the size dimension?
I mean is the Active area size, the same as the Green wacom digitizer that i Will find in the tablet ?? Or the Green electromagnetic digitizer is bigger(like all' size dimension)? Thanks! Smiley So i know what panel to use
PS i found this but as i wrote i dont know If i can use all' the size of the tablet or just the "more Black area" to drawGuardalo su eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263013637103
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:49:12 PM by axel9546 » Logged
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 05:03:29 PM »

I agree with this. "Artistic" tablets (intuos, cintiq, etc.) have typically 1k or 2k pressure resolution. "Embedded" tablets (digitizer hidden behind laptop/tablet screen, maybe the "signature pad" too) have typically 255 or 511 levels. There are more differences between artistic and embedded tablets.

Im seeing some specs about Intuos 4 and 5 and what i saw is that some of they call about "Active area" .
For example the Intuos 5 medium has a size of 37.9 x 25.1  cm and an Active area of 22.3 x 13.9 cm. I do not understand, this mean when i Will open the tablet to fit my 15.4 screen, i Will found an area of 22.3 x 13.9 to draw, or i can draw on all' the size dimension?
Look at Your monitor. Active area can display image. Screen size are the diagonal of active area, but dimensions include plastic frame around screen. There are two reasons why inactive area are so big. First: it's more comfortable if You have large supporting area - palm rest. Or in reverse, if You use part of tablet as palm rest, You never use it for drawing - active area can be smaller. More about second reason below.

I mean is the Active area size, the same as the Green wacom digitizer that i Will find in the tablet ?? Or the Green electromagnetic digitizer is bigger(like all' size dimension)? Thanks! Smiley So i know what panel to use
PS i found this but as i wrote i dont know If i can use all' the size of the tablet or just the "more Black area" to drawGuardalo su eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263013637103
Linked tablet are typical artistic tablet.

EMR tablet are made of two main components (tree if include active battery-less pen). First are electronic components that do the magic, second are antennas that communicate with pen and can determinate it's position.
Embedded tablets have these two separated. You can see thin sheet of plastic with funny grid on it - that are the antennas on flex PCB. Antennas are about the same size as LCD glass. Where are located electronic components? On separated PCB, connected to antennas part. P.S. Do nit separate these two parts. You will
Artistic tablets have only one PCB. Antennas are in the middle, electronic components are located around antennas. That are the second reason why artistic tablets have dimensions mush bigger that active area.
I cannot search photos now. Hope You understand that explanations.

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 07:45:35 PM »

I agree with this. "Artistic" tablets (intuos, cintiq, etc.) have typically 1k or 2k pressure resolution. "Embedded" tablets (digitizer hidden behind laptop/tablet screen, maybe the "signature pad" too) have typically 255 or 511 levels. There are more differences between artistic and embedded tablets.

For example the Intuos 5 medium has a size of 37.9 x 25.1  cm and an Active area of 22.3 x 13.9 cm. I do not understand, this mean when i Will open the tablet to fit my 15.4 screen, i Will found an area of 22.3 x 13.9 to draw, or i can draw on all' the size dimension?
Look at Your monitor. Active area can display image. Screen size are the diagonal of active area, but dimensions include plastic frame around screen. There are two reasons why inactive area are so big. First: it's more comfortable if You have large supporting area - palm rest. Or in reverse, if You use part of tablet as palm rest, You never use it for drawing - active area can be smaller. More about second reason below.

Linked tablet are typical artistic tablet.

EMR tablet are made of two main components (tree if include active battery-less pen). First are electronic components that do the magic, second are antennas that communicate with pen and can determinate it's position.
Embedded tablets have these two separated. You can see thin sheet of plastic with funny grid on it - that are the antennas on flex PCB. Antennas are about the same size as LCD glass. Where are located electronic components? On separated PCB, connected to antennas part. P.S. Do nit separate these two parts. You will
Artistic tablets have only one PCB. Antennas are in the middle, electronic components are located around antennas. That are the second reason why artistic tablets have dimensions mush bigger that active area.
I cannot search photos now. Hope You understand that explanations.
Thanks  Very Thanks.

I Just would like to know If i can maximize the tablet dimension. I exlain.
I would like to put a 13inch screen into the Intuos 5 medium. As i saw i can put it in the tablet cause the screen fit really well and i would use agood area to draw. But i dont know If i can put only a screen large like the Active area is large. For example If i have an Active area of 12"" i can put a 12"" only or i could put a bigger screen also???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:08:26 AM by axel9546 » Logged
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 08:14:23 PM »

You can put a larger screen on top of it but the pen will only work inside the active area and calibrating it will be pretty annoying.
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 08:36:59 PM »

You can put a larger screen on top of it but the pen will only work inside the active area and calibrating it will be pretty annoying.
so this mean only Active area Will work with the Pen or i could have the possibility to get work the full Black area?
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 11:55:55 PM »

so this mean only Active area Will work with the Pen or i could have the possibility to get work the full Black area?
Your pen will work everywhere it did work without the screen in between.
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 06:50:29 AM »

so i can buy a Intuos 5 medium and fit my 15.6 screen??
This is what i mean Smiley
Ofc i have to remove plastic
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:59:13 AM by axel9546 » Logged
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »

the active area (at least on my intuos 3) is the area that is dark gray on your image. idk what the white marks are for but they are not the hard marks where the active area ends but on the intuos pen end touch my brother got, the active area is a bit bigger than the marks but doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the tablet.
I can't really say anything about the intuos 5 but I'd guess that the active area (aka the area where the pen works) is a bit bigger than the markings but not the whole dark gray area and definitely not the (light-gray) case.
axel9546
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »

the active area (at least on my intuos 3) is the area that is dark gray on your image. idk what the white marks are for but they are not the hard marks where the active area ends but on the intuos pen end touch my brother got, the active area is a bit bigger than the marks but doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the tablet.
I can't really say anything about the intuos 5 but I'd guess that the active area (aka the area where the pen works) is a bit bigger than the markings but not the whole dark gray area and definitely not the (light-gray) case.

Okay Perfect  Today in gonna get a Intuos 4 large 100€ , then guys what do i need ?? The board for the LCD? Do u have some ideas Smiley ?
XDjackieXD

*me trying to draw*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 11:00:03 PM »

You will need an LVDS converter board for your screen. you can find these for your screen on ebay. if you can't find one specifically for your display, you can write a message to one of the sellers with your screen part number and ask if they support it.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: