Bongofish
November 20, 2017, 04:37:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 15" (4:3) Intuos 3 -> LCD tablet + finger touch (+palm rejection!!)  (Read 130 times)
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« on: November 06, 2017, 01:33:09 PM »

Hi all.
I had no updates for long time.

I have good news for DIY tablet guys.

Now, we can build a LCD tablet with finger touch with palm rejection EASILY! In addition, obviously multitouch Smiley
(though you must use Windows 10)

I luckly found this option after windows update (maybe after redstone 1?)

Yeah, there is a option for so called palm rejection.
Finally, Windows 10 provides this functionality in a native way.

SO? I start a new build.
I will modify my 15" mod DIY tablet (already LCD tablet) to have multitouch funtionality.

I have two 15" modded tablets (identical specs), which are from Intuos 3 (PTZ-930) + HV150UX2 (1600x1200).

Here is the plan,
1. I will remove tempered glasses on my modded tablets.
2. Will buy capacitive touch panels (sure, 15" 4:3), there are many sellers in taobao.com I will decide in this week which one I will buy.
3. Simply re-design my housing. Due to bezel size of the touch panel, I will remove touch stripts of Intuous 3, and I do not need them anymore once I have multitouch panels.

+ More good news is that most of capacitive touch panels use tempered glasses.

I though I might be the first person to build this thing, but I found out my friend (Mr. Ha, hyj2653) already did this on Intuous 4.
He told me that multitouch + palm rejection works great, and he only needs to cut the intuous 5 case to fin the panel in it.

Basically, he already made what I want. The differences are the tablet size and panel size.

Anyway, good luck to me Smiley
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:36:57 PM by bumhee34 » Logged
rackoony
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 03:44:39 AM »

So there's no other way to have palm rejection and ignore touch input when using the pen?
Do these panels come with any driver software?

I'm not a fan of windows 10 (and avoid it like the plague), but at the same time I can understand you not wanting to fiddle with the software side of things.  I wonder how easy it would be to add a capacitive touch panel for something like a Cintiq 21UX. Would Windows 10 deal with it in the same manner? 
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 05:48:40 PM »

Theoretically, one could write a "filter driver" to hook in the devices chain, to cut out the touch input when the pen hovers the active area (as far as I can tell, it is the same method used by Wacom).

Of course, writing drivers is not the simplest thing to do....

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
rackoony
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 06:14:11 PM »

It looks like someone already wrote a multi-touch driver for windows 7: http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com
Might be a good start, as it's got code examples and documentation. There might be an api to interact with the driver. I know wacom has an api to grab their tablet's data. So what would probably have to be written is an application that just waits for a "pen in range" and "pen out of range" and enables or disables the touch.  Seems simpler now....I guess  Smiley
rackoony
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 06:44:18 PM »

If this doesn't prove multitouch is possible in windows 7, then nothing will  Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Ri3O5WR9A
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: