Bongofish
November 20, 2017, 04:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: It is possible to use tablet huion giano (13,8"x8,6")?
Yes, it's simply - 0 (0%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huion tablet?  (Read 35 times)
ZabijackyZajda
New Poster

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »

I have one build with Wacom, so i need to now if it possible make cintiq from Huion.Tablet huion giano (13,8"x8,6")? Any idea with compatible screen for it?
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:44:53 PM »

I think that the Giano "is" the digitzer behind Huion 15.6" "Cintiq" (The Huion Kamvas GT-156 hd), so any 15,6" [16:9] or 15,4" [16:10] screen should do.

(eventually, check on the Simtiq Planner, as I am not sure the 15.4 wouldn't end inside the band of "fast shortcuts" placed at the top of the Giano).  

Unfortunately, as far as I know, nobody has tried to use the Giano to date, so there is no ready recipe (I tried once with the Huion H610... it didn't go as well as I hoped,as the LG LP116WH2 that I chose really messed things up).

Try with a good  15.6 16:9 full-HD screen (the GT-156 is full-HD, so probably the frequencies in the Giano are already trimmed to "live" with a full-HD)

On a side note, if you already have the Giano tablet, let us know how it goes.

If you still have to buy the tablet, consider the fact that the aforementioned GT-156hd clocks in at about 600 bucks - you can also find 21.5" GT220 on amazon for 500,  but you should look for  a Rev 2 or Rev 3, as the intial model was a bit botched- and it comes with a warranty and a decent support.

The Giano costs about 140  bucks (last time I eyed one), a good screen can set you back a hundred then one may need some ancillaries, so the economic convenience of building on the Huion is questionable (and really depends on how confident you are at modding the LCDs... a couple of burnt screens and you are on par with the cost of the Kamvas )... they do not really gauge one's left eye for their machines.

Personally, I thought about giving a try to the Giano, but I realized that for the cost of the tablet alone I could build another of my Intuos 2 "A3" machines (In fact. I managed to build my last one with little more than 150 Euros) .

And... I just love the Intuos2.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:06:48 PM by DaBotz » Logged

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: