Bongofish
November 12, 2018, 09:51:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: I have a Samsung LTN121AP05 display (salvaged from a HP Elite Book 2740P) with a Wacom SU5E-12W32AS-01X I need a schematic for wiring it to the teensy and I also need a pinout for the connector. Also do I have to have a teensy? I have already looked on th
________ - 0 (0%)
________ - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a schematic and pin out for a Wacom SU5E-12W32AS-01X  (Read 3375 times)
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2018, 11:17:16 PM »

I have a Samsung LTN121AP05 display (salvaged from a HP Elite Book 2740P) with a Wacom SU5E-12W32AS-01X I need a schematic for wiring it to the teensy and I also need a pinout for the connector. Also do I have to have a teensy? I have already looked on the wiki page it has it but not any useful info.
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 10:25:46 AM »

If it's from a 2740p then it should be the standard serial pinout:

Pin 1 -> GND
Pin 13 -> VCC 3.3V
Pin 10 -> TX
Pin 9 -> RX

That's how it is for the 2730p screens i've tested. Since these are serial tablets, you need the Teensy in order to emulate a USB device and have the drivers work with it. You can use serial on Linux since the driver supports it, but for Windows you need to use Wacom's driver.
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 12:33:28 AM »

Pesho Which one is the teensy and which one is the screen wires
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 01:52:53 AM »

Also I have a netduino like this one https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Wms0T8ogMww/mqdefault.jpg
Could I use that instead of a teensy?
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 08:29:29 PM »

Pesho Which one is the teensy and which one is the screen wires

The numbered ones are at the digitizer's connector, GND VCC TX and RX are on the Teensy's side. I reused the laptop's cable that already had the connector for the digitizer on one end, as seen HERE. The board on the digitizer should have silkscreened markings next to the connector that indicate which is pin 1 and which is pin 14.

No, you can't use a Netduino, that's a completely different chip. The Waxbee firmware is designed for the ATmega32U4 chip which is on the Teensy, and a specific version of the board (2.0 with 3.3V logic). The chinese clones of the Teensy 2.0 work, but they need modification to convert them to 3.3V (you need to solder on a regulator). I think the 3.3V version of the Arduino Pro Micro was also proven to work after putting in the Teensy bootloader and firmware on it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 08:39:54 PM by Pesho » Logged
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:26 PM »

I also have a HP TC4400 screen which I would MUCH rather use. Because it is larger! Do you happen to know the pinout for that? The digitzer model is: SU-025-C02

Also I have figured out that the sensor board for the pen is removable! So I don't need a LVDS converter! I have a few old monitors lying around that I disassembled and still work and have the controllers!  Cheesy

So I could just put this behind the LCD of the monitor without needing one of those really expensive laptop LCD controller boards! For those of you that want to remove the sensor board PM me and I will give you instructions!
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »

The pinout for the TC4400's digitizer is the same, i actually have one here and have tested it. It's the same for all 14pin serial digitizers, there are some that support USB directly but they are pretty rare. You can find the full info HERE.

Yeah, the digitizer just sticks on the back, but i think the TC4400's screen is one of the best screens you can get for that size and format. It's AFFS so viewing angles are very good (important for a screen you'll be looking at from all sides). They don't make 12.1'' desktop monitors so i'm guessing whatever you use is going to be the wrong size. You're also going to have to mess about installing protective glass so it can be used with a pen - regular monitors don't have it, while the TC4400 screen does. An LVDS controller is 20-35$, it's not that expensive...
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »

Would one of these serial to usb ttl things work? I think that I have heard that these work somehow  https://www.walmart.com/ip/1PC-USB-To-TTL-Debug-Serial-Port-Cable-For-3B-2B-COM-Port/683054955
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 06:37:52 PM »

As i already mentioned here, only in Linux. Also the page doesn't mention whether it's 5V or 3.3V. The digitizer works only with 3.3V.
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 07:26:09 PM »

So this would technically work? I do not mind using linux  Grin

Also I could work out something for the 3.3v
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 08:09:57 PM »

Pesho how about one of these? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6706X93506&cm_re=serial_to_usb-_-9SIA6706X93506-_-Product

I would just mod the cable a little so it could connect to the digitizer!

Also I think I want to try USB so what would the pinout be from the tc4400 to usb?

Thanks
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 10:38:37 PM »

Pesho how about one of these? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6706X93506&cm_re=serial_to_usb-_-9SIA6706X93506-_-Product

I would just mod the cable a little so it could connect to the digitizer!

Also I think I want to try USB so what would the pinout be from the tc4400 to usb?

Thanks

NO, use this - https://www.ebay.com/itm/FT232RL-3-3V-5-5V-FTDI-USB-to-TTL-Serial-Adapter-Module-for-Arduino-Mini-Port-/381374421597

It has a jumper for selecting 3.3v, i've tested it. Are you planning to use it on Linux? Because i already said this method will not work on Windows. Even on Linux there is some set up involved where you need to make a startup script to initialize the tablet on the correct usbTTY port at startup, it's not "plug and play".

Also read what i wrote in my previous message - digitizers are either USB or Serial, not both. USB versions are rare, and the TC4400 is serial.

I strongly advise you to just get a chinese Teensy for 12$ and solder a 3.3v regulator on it.
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2018, 11:18:08 PM »

I have found a small working motherboard with a serial port! I will try to get the correct voltage and make a serial cable to connect to it. I think I already know the pinout..
TheGamer675
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 02:08:06 AM »

I have also heard somewhere that I could use a sound card is that true? If so can someone tell me how?
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »

No problem, sorry i wasn't able to reply the past few days. To answer the previous question - i've never heard of anyone using a soundcard, the old ones have a MIDI/Joystick port but i'm not sure if it can be used as a serial port.

I've looked at those Sympodium tablets before, even started a thread here awhile back. From what i've read they're a bit problematic to deal with - physically it's a Wacom DTF tablet, but the Hardware ID in the firmware is different, so the Wacom driver can't recognize it. It only works with the Sympodium driver which they say is pretty bad, but i haven't had any experience with it. I believe it works well on Linux except for the special function buttons on the bezel. I've been tempted to get one to play with since its only 15$ but shipping costs to my country and import charges make it unreasonably expensive.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: