test1
April 27, 2017, 07:50:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things Ive Learnt, You should read before you start!  (Read 10551 times)
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:40:24 PM »

Ok theres a few things I wish I had taken more care with.

The Backlight LCD set up. I pulled it all apart including all the bits of paper and opaque sheets that are vital for the LCD to be seen properly. What you shouldnt do is pull them all out, make a clear note of the order if you are going to, and if you do make sure you keep them clean, as I got some of mine all dirty and the dirt reflects through and shows up on the screen.

Others feel free to add in this Wisdom thread.

DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »

Wacoms are probably the best tablets to use.  I bought a nisis 12X9 which caused terrible jittering.

EZ CINTIQ. How to build a DIY Cintiq, it's  easier than a DIY PC! www.tabletmod.com
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:30:32 PM »

Out of Intrest Don Coree... I mean Shole, for just normal tablet use, would you recommend these Other makes, like this nisa one you bought? Would it have been any good just used as it was intended for?

DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 05:09:03 PM »

@ Chems.  I'm not sure how I missed your question - sorry.  As a tablet, the nisis did it's job, it's of a solid build, but has a flimsy pen and mouse. But comparing it to a wacom, the first time I ever used a wacom was when I bought one for this project - It's definately a brilliant tablet (the wacom that is).  The wacom drivers are also light years ahead of nisis/genius(the other brand i have a little experience with).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:12:37 PM by DonShole » Logged

EZ CINTIQ. How to build a DIY Cintiq, it's  easier than a DIY PC! www.tabletmod.com
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:13:08 PM »

So that sums it up folks, go with a wacom for that better build quality and less jitters.

Gem

May your pencils stay sharp and your lines true

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 04:57:56 PM »

Ide like to add in that you can't buy tablet modules from UC-soft, they only sell in bulk  Sad  (Ive been trying)
CryptFS
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 08:27:55 AM »

Hi i am new here and i have a suggestion for jitter. First LED panels dont seem to have a serious jitter problem unless its near the bottom/top of the display around the circut board that you need to unfold. during my trials the stylus just goes crazy near the bottom start/taskbar edge where the LCD board is unfolded. I couldnt get rid of the jutter no mattter how much i wrapped it in foil (tin foil was al that was avaliable to me) Then i tried using the ultra slim 15.6' panels, the first i took out of my laptop (i cracked the diffusor layer in the process) but at least this proved something as there was a significantly lower jitter level as the screen circutry takes up much smaller space. I ended up buying another ultraslim 15.6 laptop screen (i think from a viao) and this one was even better as the monitor board wasnt even in the space of the monitor so i didnt even have to unfold it. I did wrap it in the heavier foil that i took out of the back of one of my old laptop covers and used that to isolate it and the jitter is pretty much gone, it still comes up slightly if i hover the stylus around the start menu but other than that, its nothing but a small annoyance that does not in any way ruin my work
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »

If you are looking to buy an old monitor to use as panel donor, always remember to investigate what kind of panel is actually inside it... they may be unexpectedly thick.

Ideally, the thinnest the panel, the better, as long as the other specs are fine.

Anyway, my personal experience was that a 13 mm thick panel and a 4 mm glass can work perfectly well with an intuos 2.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:21:17 PM by DaBotz » Logged

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: