Bongofish
October 20, 2018, 08:25:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: artmach1's Build log  (Read 14556 times)
klaus
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 11:35:56 PM »

Hi,

I just got my 18x12 wacom from ebay. Now I am still trying to find a LCD with external powersupply. So your monitor has an internal power supply, do you have any interference problems from the power supply? And did you have to extend the cables from it to make it work? 

I am thinking of getting a Samsung SyncMaster 215TW, but it's with an internal powersupply.. I just can't seem to find anything that size with external.

Thanks
Klaus
Ferret

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2007, 11:32:57 AM »

DAMN! *drool*
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2007, 11:40:04 AM »

Depends on the layout of the boards. It might be easy to hoik out (or disable) the internal supply and wire in a socket for an external one.  But the only way of knowing is to get a look inside one.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 02:21:32 AM »

Wow, that's huge... definitely will build one in the future  Grin
yeap, I've learn this from modding stuff, you never know if you never try. if you failed on first try, try harder!
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 11:21:22 PM »

hi Artmach1,

i would like to know how your build is going on, also because i'm doing a build very similar to your.
i used a Ultrapad 12x18" first having a very few amount of jitter, but on this old series i had not enough recognizing pen height, so i turned on an Intuos I 12x18" coupled with a 20.1" wide monitor and from the board shape this seems to be the same of your.
now i have a lot of jitter and occasionally random click.
do you have jitter on your build? and why did you turn the LCD panel upside-down?
what resolution and refresh time are you using on your build?
i'll be grateful to you for all my life if you would answer to all these questions.

thanks... Vince

you can check my build clicking on my signature.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:43:44 PM by Tanassi » Logged

Messyhair

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 05:11:20 AM »

My build is going to be very similar to this as well. I was planning to throw caution to the wind and not  worry about the external, as 20 in monitors are hard to find that way. as for the screen protector, I hope you find something that doesn't bow as much.

mess
artmach1
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 09:51:45 PM »

Tanassi, messyhair

My IP has been banned from this forum for some reason, though not my user name. Haven't been able to easily post.  I do have some progress to report and will do so shortly. I do want to try and address your questions re my build:

I turned it upside down because it would block the quick button strip on the top of the tablet. Also it just fit better.
I don't know for sure about interference. A little jitter is present and I still  have to adjust some of the settings to get the pen right on top of the cursor.
My refresh rate and resolution are the native for my monitor (I think I posted that somewhere in this thread). I believe my case design will help to solve some of the jitter and (hopefully) the bendy plexi issues I mentioned.

I'm using a Sceptre X20wg 20.1" on windows xp with a nvida 6600gt dual dvi card. I can flip the monitor to match the tablet or I can flip the tablet in the Wacom control panel. I am going to be posting some pics of this thing in its almost finished case soon. Once I fire it up I will measure out some of those other settings
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 10:18:30 PM »

hi Artmach,

thank you so much for your answer i'll stay tuned to see your build finished.

... Vince

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:49 PM »

That's wierd. Your IP isn't on the ban list.  perhaps it's a hostname thing. I'll try to sort it aout ASAP

I apologise profusely

Can you give me any more symptoms?

artmach1
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »

Drewid,
Yeah it is kinda weird. I assume it is my IP because I can get through using a web anonymizer (anonymouse in this case) and of course no machine in my house can access the forum without this. The page says "An error has occured!" and the message is "Sorry guest you are banned from using this forum". If I am logged in (as I was the first couple of times) it replaces 'guest' with my username. What do you mean by 'hostname'?
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2007, 07:05:52 PM »

Do you know what your "correct" IP address is? 
The hostname would be the name of the server that you ISP routes your connection through.  There might have been someone spamming using the same ISP.

nobodylikeJAP

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 11:09:59 AM »

after checking out your vid and build, dude, you are prince, Drewid will always be king,I'm not brave enough to make a 20" cintiq and actually make it work better then I can think, with my budget, I can only afford to make a 15" version with a 9x12 intuos3 and a two different monitors, Kogi for testing purposes or if my friends wants one, he cant have it, while on the other side, a Hewlett-Packard monitor, hope to see what happens with your build later , looks awesome
greenuns

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 05:28:11 AM »

artmach1, how's the build going?
did you manage to finish it?
how is the jitters?
if you don't have any jitter problems, i might consider getting a sceptre as well..

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: