Bongofish
November 16, 2018, 11:25:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Homebrew Tablet PC  (Read 4678 times)
cdjm92
New Poster

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2007, 05:13:43 AM »

Hey im new to this forum:)
a) Mum bought me a lappy last year which has now died
b) Mum is a home graphic artist with a history of wacom tablets including a cintiq(which now her life!) and loves (trying) to help me with butchering electronics n modifying them!
c) im not into graphics tablets much myself but they a wonderful tools for homework ect so i could see wats gunna happen
so me n mummy dearest decided to make our own tablet pc! yay! (once we have got over the problems with the old lappy Undecided
SO...what we're gunna do is remove the lcd screen from the laptop, put the tablet behing it, put the lcd back on but facing up we\hen the laptops closed(no need to open it), forget abt the keyboard and touchpad -who needs a kb wen handwriting recognitions getting so good now- but make cable plugs for them so that they are accesible in emergencies and pack in all in togetherhot glue is my best friend)
any help i can get from this forum will be wonderful, though the main problem at this point is lappy problems(such as OS not found, snapping dvd drive in half n now windows- or anything but bios- not loading properly) so i cant do anything but play  with bios at the moment:'(
ok thn ill keep posting once i get around to doing more with it
cya all!
Chris
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 03:01:44 PM »

Good luck, sounds nice.

I would rather have the option of turning back because to be honest, I like type more Smiley.  Quicker and less pressure on your hands, and no awkward position.  I suggest checking out flo's logs who did it to a labtop and make a hinge.  Also, since the tablets extend out of the actual area, you probably arent going to have a full screen tablet pc, unless you find a digitizer screen that matches your labtop.

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »

And say 'Hi' to your mum, she sounds cool.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
cdjm92
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:56:36 AM »

my laptop screen fits perfectly with the tablet Tongue
i will make a plug for the keyboard witch will be very useful, i feel the same abt typing over handwriting tho it does have its benifits:)
thanks for ur help n by the way mum is pretty cool with this sort of thing but REALLY gets annoying with lack of general electronics experience, lol! Cheesy
thx chris
Messyhair

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 10:29:15 PM »

I can't wait to see how your build turns out, I would love to make a portable unit myself...

Mess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: