Bongofish
February 15, 2019, 09:06:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bacon's Build.  (Read 4995 times)
bacon
New Poster

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2007, 08:00:23 PM »

After much anticipation, my monitor arrived this morning.  Wasting no time, I whipped it out of the box and a few short minutes later, after some careful poking and probing, had the case popped open and the guts of my monitor exposed.  The following are the sequence of images I took over the course of coaxing all the components out of their snug little hiding places.

The deconstruction went as smoothly as I could have possibly wished for. Easy peasy.  I've decided to wait for my tablet to arrive before any more deconstruction on the monitor, just so I can start to get an idea of how this thing's gonna fit together.  So far I've got the screen exposed, everything stripped away except what I assume to be the backlight and its housing.
Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:12:21 PM »

nice! what tablet you waiting?

tillius
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 03:32:28 AM »

Also,what monitor are you using?
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:47:11 AM »

seems to be some benQ

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
bacon
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 04:36:08 AM »

The monitor is a 15" HP Pavilion F50, and I'm waiting on a 9"x12" Intuos3 and a 9"x12" GENIUS.  Yeah I accidentally won two tablets on eBay.  Aw well, that just means I can build two and sell one off.  Sweet.  Total cost so far... about 480 CDN for the monitor and two tablets.  That works out to... roughly six or seven pounds I believe.
tillius
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 05:06:19 AM »

Cool - with that monitor, do you think you're going to need any FFC extensions?

I'm using an Intuos3 9x12 in my build as well. I'd be interested in seeing how it works out with the GENIUS tablet.

What'd you pay for the Intuos? I payed $370 for mine, shipped.
bacon
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

I got my Intuos3 for about 270 Canadian after shipping.  So far in my monitor, I haven't seen any FFC at all, so unless its hidden inside the backlight housing I suppose I won't be needing an extension.  Not sure whether the lack of FFC is gonna make things easier or harder though... I'll have to see once my tablet arrives and I get it opened up.
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 12:39:12 AM »

mmmmmmmmmm, bacon.    that is not bad at all for an intuos3.
bacon
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 04:18:15 AM »

I know. I was very excited... titillated, even.  I think it was like 210 american?  When it retails for like 500 USD... not half bad eh.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: