Bongofish
December 05, 2019, 11:15:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac series one G3 laptop screen and a Intuos 9x12...  (Read 2692 times)
Jthomasc
New Poster

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:54:49 AM »

Totally jazzed about finding all this information I am going to start looking at building my own out of a Intuos 9x12 I have in my attic.
I have a series one G3 mac laptop also, the big black guy, and quite a few years ago I dropped it and seperated the screen from the body at the hinges.
Now I'll preface this by saying I have tons of experience replacing batteries in remote controls so I am naturally extremely qualified to be working with these complicated electronics.  Grin

My question to you guys is, theoretically speaking if the screen is not damaged outside of the severed connectors do you think it would be possible to obtain a card and power solution to use it, or is it even worth the headache?

If it isn't worth it, do you have any screen suggestions that pairs nicely with an Intuos 9x12?

Many thanks.
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 01:57:41 AM »

I suggest just getting a new screen

Dell 1503fp or something along the lines of that

You should also try to make sure it has an external power supply

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Jthomasc
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 02:20:41 AM »

Many thanks. I'll look into grabbing one of those.

Thanks again.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:45:32 AM »

mmmmm, I dunno.
It might be worth trying to resurrect the Mac and do something similar to Flos build.  It would be at least worth finding out how much it would cost in terms of new connectors n stuff,  nothing to lose but a bit of research time.. 

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Jthomasc
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:57:17 PM »

I'd be happy to do that research if I only knew where to begin. I am in fact that from which all newbs come from, I am patient zero, I'm fairly certain that there are little gnomes inside the bits of these machines and I'm afraid I don't speak gnome as of yet.

But I'll get the ole girl out and snap some pics of the damage.

The only way I'd really be interested in going through with it though would be to hook it to a different CPU, I couldnt imagine trying to deal with the old G3 these days even just to doodle.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: