Bongofish
June 17, 2019, 04:49:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: three 6x8 digitizers (wacom)  (Read 3259 times)
Messyhair

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 12:32:43 AM »

Soooo...

I botched my first ever buy on ebay and bought 3 6x8 digitizers.
multiple issues:
 1) no styluses.
 2)they are all ADB.  I use a g4 powerbook with usb and dvi connections.
 3)i was planning a lot bigger build than this. I dont mind making a smaller one when I build the portable animation studio version, but to start with I want a larger Simtiq.

so what can I do about this? I've read in other posts about coolgraphicstuff.com having a replacement cable, but these being the smaller size are hard-wired. Could these be useful to anyone else? let me know if you want to try a small tablet or if you know of a way to adapt adb to usb.

total mess
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:23:35 AM »

you outbid me on that.  well, i suppose you outbid clagla, who outbid me.  I wanted it for the 1 stylus he said was included.  you got gypped if you didn't get one.  sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.  keep trying and you'll get lucky.  i got my ud-1212-r for $25 shipped.  the guy posted it "buy it now" a minute or two before i searched.
Messyhair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 03:09:18 AM »

I did get the stylus, but had a friend who needed one, so I was going to help him out. I guess the stylus is worth the fifty I spent.  I wish the rest would of worked out.

I guess what sucks for me is that I have become kinda fanatical about getting a build put together and its eating up my time. Literally I sit on Ebay searching wacom every few hours. I got better things I could be working on but my mind is deadset on getting one of these built.

also, sorry for stepping on your toes with the purchase.  If I could go back and change things I would.  Unfortunately, the time machine I bought uses XLR connections and the driver disc is windows only.  I got to start reading those descriptions more carefully....

mess
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 04:59:42 AM »

My time machine is made out of legos.  it also doesn't work.  i think i used to many red ones.  Don't worry about the auction, i got my stylus a few auctions later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: