test1
June 27, 2017, 03:03:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Useful tools on Wacom's site - UD & SD series tablets.  (Read 14812 times)
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 06:44:28 PM »

Rumi,
try the wacom forums

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Rumi

Mad Artist/Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 02:56:54 AM »

Hey everyone, I just had one of those moments which makes you so happy you have to share it with other people!

Late last year I bought an Intuos 12x18 tablet off ebay for $50 Australian, it was advertised as badly worn and without a pen so I bought it thinking I just need to get a pen for it. While waiting for the 12x18 to arrive I bought a cheap Intuos 6x8 ADB just for the pen (even came with 3D mouse) but when both items arrived and I tested them I found that the 12x18 wasn't responding at all. The LED would come up red and stay red not taking any notice of the pen. So I started opening it up and that's when alarm bells started ringing. There were some dodgy screws in the back of the tablet, someone had already opened it up, lost a couple of the screws and replaced them with wood screws! Arghhh!

But that wasn't all, when I looked inside I found signs of WATER DAMAGE inside the tablet! I started kissing my $50 and $20 delivery goodbye. My only hope was that the tablet was ok but the onboard ROM might have got wiped, so I posted here and received a utility for reflashing the tablet but it was for a serial tablet and my one is a USB tablet so I put the tablet aside for a while.

Today I was catching up with all the stuff on Bongofish when I saw Switz suggestion about trying the wacom forum. After wadding through lots of posts and posting one of my own, I found some post from the wacom support which said if you open up the wacom preferences utility, go to 'About" and then  click on 'Diagnostics' while holding the "Option" key (on a mac) a little button will magically be added to the diagnostics window called "Recalibrate". I clicked on this, choose 12x18 for my tablet and the tablet started working! I Could not believe my eyes! I had given up on the tablet but it was merely in a coma!
These wacoms are almost bulletproof!

Just wanted to share that with you guys!

Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 04:24:38 AM »

Hey everyone, I just had one of those moments which makes you so happy you have to share it with other people!

Late last year I bought an Intuos 12x18 tablet off ebay for $50 Australian, it was advertised as badly worn and without a pen so I bought it thinking I just need to get a pen for it. While waiting for the 12x18 to arrive I bought a cheap Intuos 6x8 ADB just for the pen (even came with 3D mouse) but when both items arrived and I tested them I found that the 12x18 wasn't responding at all. The LED would come up red and stay red not taking any notice of the pen. So I started opening it up and that's when alarm bells started ringing. There were some dodgy screws in the back of the tablet, someone had already opened it up, lost a couple of the screws and replaced them with wood screws! Arghhh!

But that wasn't all, when I looked inside I found signs of WATER DAMAGE inside the tablet! I started kissing my $50 and $20 delivery goodbye. My only hope was that the tablet was ok but the onboard ROM might have got wiped, so I posted here and received a utility for reflashing the tablet but it was for a serial tablet and my one is a USB tablet so I put the tablet aside for a while.

Today I was catching up with all the stuff on Bongofish when I saw Switz suggestion about trying the wacom forum. After wadding through lots of posts and posting one of my own, I found some post from the wacom support which said if you open up the wacom preferences utility, go to 'About" and then  click on 'Diagnostics' while holding the "Option" key (on a mac) a little button will magically be added to the diagnostics window called "Recalibrate". I clicked on this, choose 12x18 for my tablet and the tablet started working! I Could not believe my eyes! I had given up on the tablet but it was merely in a coma!
These wacoms are almost bulletproof!

Just wanted to share that with you guys!

Thats awesome!

And of course,
it was all because of my suggestion, j/k lol

Glad to see you back!

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: