Bongofish
December 10, 2019, 08:05:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wacom UD 12x12R Dead strip - SOLVED  (Read 4469 times)
DonShole

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2007, 12:00:53 AM »

I replaced my lcd only to discover a one inch wide vertical dead strip on my wacom sensing board.  I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the wacom driver but that has not helped.  Any ideas anybody.  I really don't want to have to buy another one  Sad
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 10:35:22 PM by DonShole » Logged

EZ CINTIQ. How to build a DIY Cintiq, it's  easier than a DIY PC! www.tabletmod.com
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 01:00:41 AM »

Probly broken, but someone here has a dos app that reconfigs wacom boards so check it out

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 03:40:57 AM »

it's called "udconfig."  a quick search of the forums should point you too it easy enough.  sorry i'm to lazy to do it myself, but i didn't get this fat and smelly by helping people out Smiley
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »

have you tryed to reset the tablet configuration from the setup tablet panel?
may be you unintentionally modifyed the active area.
... Vince

DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »

Thanks for all your input.  the dead strip is caused by interference!  When the lcd  is of, no problem, the tablet works perfectly.  When I turn the lcd on, I get the one inch wide dead strip, near the left edge of the screen.  There is a one inch working strip between the left edge and the dead strip.  It's strange cos I get no jittering at all.

EZ CINTIQ. How to build a DIY Cintiq, it's  easier than a DIY PC! www.tabletmod.com
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »

Maybe somethings moved and is creating a short. Try puttin a layer of greeseproof paper over the board if you havent already.

DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 05:03:41 PM »

Thanks Chems, but that didn't work.  It's weird Huh When I tested it prior to taping everything down, it seemed to work fine.  What I did notice was that I had this odd strip then too but it was transient.  It may be the lcd position or the ccfls. 

DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »

Yes! it was indeed interference - from the column driver board.  It stopped completely after shielding with a thick layer of foil surrounded by duct tape and place between the tablet and the column driver.  I've essentially finished my build now.  I'll update my build log with photos in the next few days.  Grin

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 01:29:59 PM »

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYY.

More knowledge is added to the pile.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 06:15:09 PM »

Good stuff, thats were my interference was coming from. Thanks to Tanassi for setting off the foil and clingfilm fix.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: