Bongofish
November 16, 2018, 11:25:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling custom builds?  (Read 10482 times)
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 12:36:04 PM »

Yeah it does all the main things. The only two downsides to my build is that a pixel died yesterday. And that due to the senstivity of the pointer you cant click on the start bar, Ive managed to do it once but its not designed for browsing. But other than that its perfect. I will be sure to drop you a line if/when I want to sell it.

dynam1c

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 11:56:36 AM »

The revolution has turned into a money hungry run for power i thought we had some kinda communist thingy going with drew as the mighty BongoKing but now it seems the capitalists have taken over..

ps. if google decide to pay 2 billion for bongofish, I want my fair share !

oh and im willing to make an exact replica and i mean EXACT for the cheap price of £1500 (thats for the 15") by make i mean purchase and by replica i mean original.

but you can have my build with blue electrical tape and all for £319.. thats a whole quid cheaper then chems.. $2 US.. think about all the money your saving.

downsides of my build..

there are non.. its coffee and tea resistant. ! fire proof as long as kept away from flames of any kind, and can breath under water. as long as you purchase the lung expansion pack, which costs a further £1000 but its worth it if you ever want to draw underwater.
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2007, 01:15:49 PM »

Lets just do a friendly compare:

The Log:

The Chemstiq:

I mean both do the same thing, mine has a technological advantage with more pressure and resolution I think, it also has fancy touch strips. So at the end of the day if your going to spend $2 more which are you going to go for! Roll Eyes

PS Love the last post Dynamic, I lol'ed!

bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »

i hear those lung expansion packs are almost impossible to find; out of stock everywhere.  they go for almost double on ebay.
tillius
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 04:05:35 AM »

Ohhhhh - I wanna build my VersaSketch and sell them. I've even got a couple of linux guru's from work working on a leaned out distro of linux (the Graphux distro) and have found a couple of open source illustration/animation tools I'm gonna pay to have customized to run on the light weight box. I think I can put the 15" inch together with an older 9x12 for a cost of about $500, including batteries, VGA pass through, and the Graphux box for art-on-the-go. What do you think I could sell them for?

Speaking of the software, what's most important to you in a drawing/painting application? In a 2D animation package?

Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 04:50:49 AM »

could probly sell it for a lot depending on what exactly it does and overall finish

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
dynam1c

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 04:09:23 PM »

tilius i like the idea of the custom linux build, I currently been trying to conjure up a purely graphics linux distro with all the funky graphics software, problem is for the really high end graphics packages you need either microsoft or a serious graphics card and memory, (stuff like painter photoshop etc)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: