Bongofish
November 13, 2019, 04:20:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nightiq Log  (Read 21607 times)
Night

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2007, 01:21:09 AM »

Ok I begin my Nightiq tonight. I will need some help!

Here: I start with a Lg 15" with internal power supply.. yeah I know.. but this screen was in my old stuff ready to take dust.

Like you can see, I got some jittering because of the internal power supply. Any suggestion?

Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:16 PM »

Your pretty stuck, try using a big bit of metal to shield between the power supply and the screen, see if you get any were. To be honest thou, thats the worst monitor set up for a cinitq Ive ever seen, but youve done alright having what youve got.

Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »

i was thinking about making 2 longest cable to connect component to the power supply, and make it external. Its can work, but its lot of work. What you think?

Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »

Well from your pics, it looks as if your inverter is wrapped up with the main power brick and main controller board right?

Which means your in a bad postion because you cant extend the wires to the backlight bulbs as they will get dimmer.

I cant quite work out how youve managed to get it working in that last pic as I can only see 1 backlight wire?

The ideal thing to do would be to sit down with your main circuit board, and find were the transformed power comes out from and then remove the link, buy a Power Brick (I have one spare) and then hash the power brick wire into the main board. Do you get what I mean?

Also your jittering might not be caused by the main power at all. If you look at my build the jittering was coming from the PCB's around the actual LCD so I shielded them with some foil. Also try disabling left and right click see if it has any effect.

But dont fret, at the worst you can pick up another 15inch monitor for 50quid or less.

Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 04:22:32 PM »

i make a test without backlight for put the power supply more far i can, and you right, the problem isnt the power supply.. so I need to shield the left part of the lcd... hope i can be lucky...

Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 11:01:57 PM »

no luck, i try to shield it with paper foil, but same problem...

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 03:47:44 PM »

if you were to use LED lighting you could move the power supply more easily perhaps.

When shielding don't forget to ground the shield.

This thing about not extending the backlight cables.  Why is that then, what is it that causes the effect or is it just an urban myth? If you used high tension cables (like car spark plug cables for instance,) would that work?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 06:49:16 PM »

what you mean to ground the shield? i need to ground the paper foil?

Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 08:27:56 PM »

You need to use proper Aluminum foil and ground that. Im not sure if your just using some paper type stuff as an insulator.

Well drew the extending the cables to the lights, Ive read that elsewere as well as you telling me it at the start of the build. It makes sense really but it would be worth a try to just see what happens.

Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »

Yeah, or if it's paper on one side and foil on the other side then ground the foil side.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 01:06:35 AM »

I try the grounding option and isnt work, so I try a stupid idea... what if i take all the stuff and move it up on the tablet?

tadaaaaa is work 100%

Im very happy, i think the interference is with the circuit on wacom bottom.

But.. yeah its work.. but now with the lcd circuit higher, its exceed about 2inches.. so i need to found a solution, or create a new case.. Sad

Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 02:29:42 AM »

cut open the bottom of the case

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 03:27:09 AM »

yeah but its can be annoying.. no? I didnt have choice to cover it anyway, if i cut the case for let the circuit go outside of the case, its can be dangerous for broke it

by the way sorry for my english lol

Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »

no, you still cover it lol

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 12:37:31 PM »

Yeah placing it outside the case is a good idea, you can easily make a little extra case to cover the bits sticking out.

Good work on getting it workin!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: