Bongofish
November 15, 2019, 03:53:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Success ** Bhrazz Build log  (Read 34821 times)
Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:25 AM »

Does anyone know if any compagny still making LCD'S with external supply. Look I can't find anything...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:56:46 AM by Bhrazz » Logged
Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 12:51:48 AM »

Today I found a pretty cheap monitor with an external power supply. It was the cheapest I didnt look at it when I entered the store but at my grand surprise it had everything I was looking for.
Cheapest quality
Cheapest Price

Everything was on the table. For those living in canada you can purchase this lovely piece of ''Cough'' ''Cough'' at bestbuy.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10078119&catid=20371
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 05:11:03 PM »

Samtak?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 08:25:51 PM »

yea a samtak
Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 08:36:32 PM »

So today I got pretty much everything working. At my first test I didnt remove the back metal panel and that was causin interference, So I took it off as well and got everything working with the pen/wacom/monitor. A bitch to map the wacom over the screen since I have around 1.5 inch horizontal and 1 inch down from Vertical. That being said, im loosin a bit of work space but is alright.=D

Here are the pic of the new monitor.

First thing I have in mind is to remove the speaker from this ugly piece, I feel good knowing what im about to do to this monitor!

Rear of the monitor, 4 screw and bam, is open!

GROUND YOUR SELF!!!!

All cable had the same color and I didnt know where will be those cable at the end, So I took some sketchy note!

Just by looking at the FFC and the glue went away.... Wondering if this is build in korea or China now.... Make me remember my old CRT Korean Data System^^

And forgive me, I completly forgot to take pics of the ''test''. Basic story: Just put the lcd over the wacom and it worked pretty well. As I said, The monitor is 1.5inch bigger on horizontal and smaller on the vertical. It was a bit hard to map/coordinate with the wacom but I guess i'll do that when is really gonna be center.

On a side note.... Is much much simplier than I tought. I had no problem what so ever except time consuming project. But the time invested here make me same money and time from what im gonna use it for. Now, what I have in mind is to make the case the tinner I can. So i can draw with it on my knee. I want it to be ''compac'' and easy to handle when it come the time to draw.

Guess i'll be doing the last part on sunday and might be done in a week or so. Posting more pics as soon as I can and will make a lil video:D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:38:31 PM by Bhrazz » Logged
Rumi

Mad Artist/Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »

Congratulations! Nice one.
Did you have any FFC problems with this monitor (hehe Samtak!)?
Do you get any jittering at all?
What make is the LCD unit?

Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 12:36:22 AM »

No jitter at all.
The FFC came with glue to hold it to the plug. It ''unglued'' as soon as I touched it. I can plug it in, plug it out whenever I feel too, there is no clip to hold it. I'll find a solution to hold it down before I close the case.

Everything went super smooth and I havent get any complication  (YET!). I'll recommand this screen anytime for the homemade cintiq purpose.
Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2007, 02:13:59 AM »

Thought I'll update this before the week start. So far what I've done this week-end is plastic cutting. Thinking and placing card. Finally I found That I can make it fit all inside the wacom box. Might not be the best ''esthetic'' design but this is all about sketchy!
This is the working area. I have so far 12X11 inches of screen display. Also I wanted to have access at the monitor button so I added some holes to the left side. Button are around 0.2mm under the hole, that way I won't get any accident with them.

That's the rear of the Wacom top cover. As you can see how I fitted the Monitor button.

Close shot of it.

Rear of the wacom. The card there is the monitor, I added a plastic cover there but I think i'm just gonna screw something all over this hole. Input are all coming from the top of the wacom.

Inside the box, All left to do here is to shield those and put the wacom/monitor over it. The wacom case should fit perfectly. So I'll be fitting my Monitor inside the wacom instead of the wacom inside the monitor as I wanted to do before I started.

I might be done by next week-end but is my friend Bday so I'm not sure.

The only thing I can't figure out is: Should I add plastic or glass over the working area?
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2007, 02:48:21 AM »

DEFINATLY, nice job, but you definatly should, otherwise you get scratches and pressure marks.  Also, you might want to get felt nibs from wacom.  I just ordered mine today, Drew said they have a great feel and dont scratch acrylic.

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2007, 10:05:44 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
DonShole

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

Congrats!  Grin Another succesful build.  The bottom line is use a wacom!

EZ CINTIQ. How to build a DIY Cintiq, it's  easier than a DIY PC! www.tabletmod.com
naspc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2007, 06:17:24 AM »

hey bhrazz, is the wacom  you used something liek this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacom-9x12-Tablet-with-mouse-and-stylus_W0QQitemZ250086051777QQihZ015QQcategoryZ3680QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and if is did actually get everything lcd/wacom to fit in the wacom casing?
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2007, 09:41:11 AM »

Cool Bhrazz,

congratulations, beautiful casing are you building!
i would do something like yours but the monitor control board does'nt fit the tablet case  :'(

@naspc: no, Bhrazz is using an old Ultrapad series, the one you've posted is a Intuos I series (better then Ultrapad), but pay attention, that tablet has an ADB (means Apple only) connection.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:11:42 AM by Tanassi » Logged

naspc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2007, 08:25:10 PM »

thanks for the heads up!  i didn't know that!
Bhrazz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 09:24:32 PM »

Hey folks, thanks for the cheers, I'm actually writing this by the LCD/Wacom waxoff. I'll try to make a picture asap. what I'm trying to do is to fit the whole LCD image to the wacom zone. Is kind of frustrating trying to drag a window that is behind the plastic.

Is anyone aware if any ''software'' can adjust the display area of a screen? My screen adjustment just let me tilt it up and down and left to right. Nvidia software just let me rotate it =\. I want to do is to shrink the image by the horizontal and make it fit perfectly to the plastic cut.... If anyone got some knowledge on that, i'll appreciate it.

Making an upload picture as soon as everything is unplug and ''finish''.
Cheers
Bhrazz
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: