Bongofish
November 16, 2018, 11:26:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Willeisen's Build Log  (Read 4309 times)
Willeisen88
New Poster

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2006, 03:20:10 AM »

For about a year now I have had an old laptop lying around with a nice 15" screen. I had the idea to use it to build my own "Cintiq" when I went to my local Mac expo this year and saw a real 21UX at the Wacom both. As a digital artist I fell in love immediately, but I am also a broke student.

Which leads us to the current situation, consisting of me Googling "build your own cintiq," finding this site and subsequently this forum.

Because I already have a 15" laptop lcd, I will be working toward something almost identical to ya3' initial build design.
Quote from: ya3

Step 1: Extract LCD from laptop.

This was pretty darn easy. Hardest part was getting the connectors out of the hinge, an now I am pretty sure I won't even need those.  Tongue

I am wondering If I will have to further break up the components in oder to prevent interference or if I can leave it as is. Anyone have experience with this?

Total cost so far: $0 (Laptop free from CRC)
chingwa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:53:04 AM »

The metal lip may cause you a problem since it's lying on top of the sensor board...  but you could always wait to remove it until after you've tested it with it on... no biggie. Smiley
fpevul88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:52:33 PM »

check out flo's laptop tablet build because he also used a laptop lcd to build his cintiq. It might be of some help. I tried that on my only laptop and I broke the lcd because of carelessness. I dont think im trying that again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: