Bongofish
November 15, 2019, 07:08:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bosko Bounce - drawn on my Reflectiq  (Read 8292 times)
robcat2075

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2007, 06:52:56 AM »

Here it is, the first character animation on my neo-Luddite Reflectiq drawing tablet.

hmmm... the insert Flash button doesnt' seem to insert Flash so...

See it on my 2D blog:  http://2dwannabe.blogspot.com/2007/08/bosko-bounce.html

I'm getting better at reading all the interface menus in backwards text. Wink

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 04:38:38 AM by robcat2075 » Logged

Robert Holmén
------
The Robcat View
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 09:00:48 AM »

That's really cool Rob,

i think that to learn something, you have to copy first, this give you the opportunity to understand the techniques and motivations, and only after CREATE!
this was always true, from Leonardo, Michelangelo and even before till today  Smiley
i'm actually fighting with "The Animator's Survival Kit" book from Richard Williams, trying to replicate all the examples in the book and i think that is a very useful exercise.
i would like to attend a class in the Animation Mentor but actually i dont have the time (and the money Cheesy )

... Vince

btw: are you using a particular software, doing this?

robcat2075

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:51:53 PM »

That's really cool Rob,
Thanks!

btw: are you using a particular software, doing this?
I did this one in "ToonBoom Studio".  It aims to be very much like the "exposure-sheet" workflow that 2D animation was based around.  It's vector drawing, much like Flash

Unfortunately it's the one app I have that doesn't recognize the pressure info from my Aiptek pen.

There's another very cool app called Plastic Animation Paper that looks more like drawing with a pencil than any other I've tried.  I may give that a go, but it's all bitmap drawing.

i would like to attend a class in the Animation Mentor but actually i dont have the time (and the money  )
When you do find the money, make sure you have the time too.  I was spending about 40 hours a week on my assignments Sad

Robert Holmén
------
The Robcat View
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »

That timing it nice and you've got the loosness of the rubber-hose stuff down well. 
Richard Williams is great live.  I've been lucky enough to get to his three day course a couple of times.   It's all the same stuff as is in the biik, but watching him act it out makes it much clearer.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
pedro
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:57:50 PM »

Robcat, thats one good animation, hope the studying goes well.

A warning to others, do not mix part time education with a full time job  :'(, working a 40 hour week and studying a civil engineering course on day release mean that you work nearly 70 hours a week for 3 years  Huh oh well its was worth it - HONEST -

Now I need to learn the art if digital image manipulation in photoshop and animation in 3ds Max.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: