Bongofish
December 15, 2019, 01:06:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CS3!!  (Read 3978 times)
Clint

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2006, 03:52:22 AM »

http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200612/121406Photoshop.html

Enjoy Cheesy
chingwa

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 04:05:44 AM »

Is it just me... or do other people feel that these continuous software releases only serve to overbloat the code and server as a boon to PC manufacturers to sell you higher spec hardware to handle the overbloated software?  And what's with Adobe with all this ancillary stuff... like bridge for example.  I never use it, I hate it actually, but I had to buy it with my photoshop and illustrator.  To me Illustrator 8 was the pinnacle of Illustrator...it ran so fast on hardware many years old... and the current version is slooow even on a G5.  Ugh.  Same with photoshop... there's only 2 new features of photoshop CS2 that I look at and say are of any use to me since the release of photoshop 7... being able to drag the image outside of the window in fullscreen mode, and the ability to have layer folders inside your layer folders... the rest is just superfuous crap Cheesy

Software is a racket.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 09:35:30 AM »

mmmm yeah sort of.  We use the layers effects loads at work.  I'd used paint shop pro before that because of its vector stuff being built in. 
edit - still do for some stuff, the mesh warp is great compared to the limited CS2 thing. and the push/blend/smudge brushes have a different feel to the CS ones.

I really hate cs2 path nonsense which I think is massively under developed, but they keep it like that so you have to buy Illustrator. Roll Eyes

Upgrades cost sooo much compared to the usable extra features you get, 3D software is terrible for this. but the people who actually buy it, as opposed to downloading it, are often corporates so its not their money they're spending.

I haven't read the link yet, but if it's a proper 64 bit version then that's a genuine step forward and will help with poster sized stuff.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 11:03:36 AM by Drewid » Logged

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 11:13:05 AM »

OK so it doesn't mention 64bit version.

pants

genocell
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 03:47:52 AM »

So the Painter styled non destructive rotate canvas feature was really a rumour after all. Or they went half way through this feature and thought it was unwieldy and thought it had to go.

I bet the people at Corel was relieved by this. I would consider upgrading (a very big probable) if this feature was implemented. Glad I can make my Painter work with Photoshop 7.

I doubt it would run as smoothly as PS 7 in my outdated computer though. All the glowing performace reviews that I read were mostly form people running stupid fast mult-threaded-multi-giga-multi-processors anyway...

The non-destructive layers is cool by the way.

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 01:22:05 PM »

I have 90 degree flips/rotates wired to hotkeys.  Obviously not as good as an arbitrary rotate, but then I can rotate my screen.   Grin

wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:43 AM »

Been using CS3 for a week now. No big deal if you already have CS2.
A must have if you are using a Intel Mac. I like the new way they arrange the palletes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: