Bongofish
November 16, 2019, 10:01:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: laptop screen build  (Read 2560 times)
blablasometin8
New Poster

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:56:23 AM »

so i came up upon this site when i came upon that wacom made cintiqs that actually draw on the screen like a tablet (i'm kinda new to wacom's products) i wanted it but it just cost so much moola so i was interested in making a homemade cintiq. I might buy an 6X8 Gaphire and i have an old laptop. Now i'm wondering if you can actually use the laptop screen and use the graphire to make a second screen attached to a regular desktop PC, if not, how should i make a tablet pc so i can draw on the laptop
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »

Running a laptop screen as a "plain monitor" is possible but might be expensive depending on what LCD panel is in there.
You can get an LVDS board to drive the screen from an external signal.  Price of the board varies depending on which panel you have, and what sort of video signals you want to use.

The laptop thing has been done before with a Mac laptop.
http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=38.0

The best thing to do would be to browse around the build logs, that should give you an idea of what is involved in a build generally,  a good place to start.

Feel free to keep asking questions. Grin

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: