Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 01:11:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neuuub's n00b questions :)  (Read 2079 times)
IRNeuuub
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »

Hey,

ive been reading the DIY-tiq logs and collecting info with the hope that I'd be able to build one for myself. I just seem to have a few questions left :

Im looking at a Intuos 1 12x12 tablet. Can anyone recommend me a display to use with that tablet? Which one would be better to use, a 15.1" 5:4  or a 17.0" 5:4 display? If i use the 15 inch one, it means that I need to reduce the active area of the tablet ( ez driver adjustment from what I know).

What happens if the display is actually wider than the tablet (seems to be 3 cm/1.4" wider)?Do I just "assign" the active area of the tablet to a certain part of the screen itself? So i get a "numb" 3cm wide strip? Is it annoying? Smiley  on the other hand, if the display is a little wider, i suppose it'd be a tiny bit easier to shield more interference?

Thanks for answers Smiley

-Nick

PS. I take it the Intuos 1  series is a bit "better" than the UD series? any tips?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 04:54:53 PM by IRNeuuub » Logged
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 09:56:20 PM »

Fl0rian built a mac mod with a small tablet in the middle of the screen and seems to get on OK with it.  Worth looking at his log.

I reckon having to resort to a mouse in mid stroke to get to an icon or toolbar would annoy the heck out of me. Perhaps that's just me.
The drivers make it very easy to assign a portion of the tablet to the whole screen.

I use a 15" in a 1212 UD, and it only just fits in the case,  There's a "dead" strip at the top, but I don't notice in use because the whole screen works.

I'm not sure of the differences between UD and Int1,  might be worth a google.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: