Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 06:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wacom Intuos2 + Dell 2000FP , good combination?  (Read 4681 times)
zimon
New Poster

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2007, 06:27:35 PM »

Hi bongofishers x)
I will give this project one more try, last time my built-in powersupply went to hell on my Dell 2007FWP.
Now I have this Wacom Intuos2 and I'm about to buy a Dell 2000FP for this build since it has got a external powersupply.
I've thought about a simple design, I won't strip the tablet, just the screen. It worked last time until the powersupply bricked.
I will put the screen onto the tablet and mount the rest on the back of the tablet (everything except the lamps) then I'll make a casing on the back to protect the components which will be mounted there.
To make it look a lil bit cooler I will decorate the whole tablet with some black ducttape.

Will this work ya think? Cheesy

Name suggestions?

The Ductiq? Tongue
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 03:43:29 PM by zimon » Logged
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 04:42:53 AM »

of course it wil work.  it has duct tape.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »

It'll work if the screen is thin enough.

and yes
duct tape.

Beware though I believe the glue is conductive.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
zimon
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 02:05:39 AM »

Thx for the answers!

I will start building it as soon as i get the monitor, and I will also do a buildlog.

Do you guys know if I will need an extended FFC cable for the Dell 2000FP montior?

And is there another alterative to get rid of jittering than the aluminiumfoil thingy?
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 06:45:05 AM »

Every setup seems to be different.  Mine barely jitters at all, and only in the last 5mm of the screen on either side.  I never tried anything special  to fix it, it just worked that way.

There is a jittering thread here ->  http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=209.15

but in summary here are various fixes, none of which are guaranteed to work by the way  Roll Eyes.   

Moving the inverter board around, especially under the Wacom shielding. rotating it 90 or 45 degrees.    Not very effective usually but some have been lucky.

Different monitor resolution/refresh rate, possibly not the native resolution of the LCD.

Trying different settings in the Wacom drivers.

Doing without the inverter and using a strip of LEDs instead. Might make a difference, but also produces less heat which is good.

Clingfilm / grounded ally foil / clingfilm sandwich on the LCD boards. - seems to be one of the most successful fixes. It's nothing to be too nervous of really.

Put monitor back together - Put monitor on the "bad monitors list" - Sell monitor - buy a different monitor.  Undecided

Drew Baker
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »

And is there another alterative to get rid of jittering than the aluminiumfoil thingy?

I just tested a naked 12x18 Intuos 2 board on top of an whole 2000FP and had no jitters at all.  It will probably be a month or two before I get to stripping the monitor, but I think it's an encouraging start. Do you have any news or advice, zimon?

--Drew

Claymonkey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:28 PM »

That is good news. I've looked at the 2000fp's for a future 12x18 version of mine... damn... this is addictive.

Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

I just tested a naked 12x18 Intuos 2 board on top of an whole 2000FP and had no jitters at all.  It will probably be a month or two before I get to stripping the monitor, but I think it's an encouraging start. Do you have any news or advice, zimon?

--Drew

Yeah that sounds very hopeful.   

Drew Baker
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 02:53:05 PM »

Incidentally, I just tried quick tests with an Intuos 1 and an Intuos 3 tablet, holding them face to face with the Dell 2000FP.

The Intuos 1 seemed fine, but the Intuos 3 had jitters. I thought other people would like to know.

--Drew

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: