Bongofish
February 17, 2019, 08:04:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: JBuRRkEs build log  (Read 13092 times)
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 05:45:13 AM »

if you are getting blotches, then it sounds like the light is getting through, so it's probably not the film order.  the FFC connection is a definate possability.  i would say that without the clip it's not getting strong enough contact.  I'd say try to fix the clip.  As a person with clumsy hands, i understand the difficulty of working with those little things.
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 09:16:32 AM »

hi JBuRRkE,

regarding the film order, i dont know how many and what kind of film sheets your monitor has.
mine has 4 sheets.

bottom -> up order

1 - white opaque goes on the bottom (below the acrilyc slab)

------------- ACRILYC SLAB -----------------

2 - first clear frosted over the acrilyc slab
3 - second clear frosted the same of 2
4 - clear sheet that seems to be a Fresnel lens goes over the top (watch through, it looks different from the clear frosted sheets)

probably you put the white opaque over the slab (it happened to me too  Grin )
clear the sheets with an antistatic cloth before to reassemble the stack, cause they attract strongly dust.
hope this helps

... Vince
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 09:23:46 AM by Tanassi » Logged

JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:32 PM »

yeah, I had a feeling it was the fcc.. its just being stubborn, and I dun wanna brake it anymore.. anyone have instructions to do it?
JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 10:47:47 PM »

well guys, i'm officially fucked.

monitor works fine, turns out it was the fcc (thanks bubbaflamm) which is good, only with the solution to one problem another surfaces =/

i've had my wacom tablet sitting around the last few days opened, thinking for sure it would work.. of course, it doesnt.. no light, and no response.. it's not the drivers, i've tried that, even called wacom and they said to send it in for a replacement.. (which im not so sure about doing..) maybe if i send it in an pitch a huge fit they'll hook me up with a cintiq xD  Roll Eyes

lol, joking..
i think i'll just turn this project into a homemade lcd projector.. i've always wanted to make one of those (unless of course someone can help me with the wacom, then i'm cintiq all the way)
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »

It's very unusual for a wacom to break.  Is it getting power? maybe the power supply is dodgy?

What model Wacom is it?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 09:52:53 PM »

it's a graphire.. (dunno which model - 3 or 4)
blue 4x5..

i dont understand it.. i mean when i plugged it in it said new device found then said your device is installed and ready to use, but there was no blue light on the tablet and there was no response to the mouse.. i immediately assumed it was the driver so i went and downloaded a driver that works with all graphires and vista but still no luck..

i've check every wire and they seem to be connected fine.. i plugged it into another computer (nowhere past the welcome screen though, it was my dads and i dont know his password) and there was no response on it either.. like i said i called wacom and they said i could send it in for a manufacturers warranty as long as i havent done anything to it (they said physical damage but im sure taking it aparts falls into this category)..

i have a feeling the reason it didnt light up on my dads pc is because it was at the welcome screen, and i assume it has to be logged on to start the automatic installation process.. but im not so sure..

edit:
device manager isnt refreshed when i plug the tablet in, which means its not reading it at all.. the usb works, because my mouse is plugged into it usually..
i think it has something to do with what the computer did automatically when i plugged it in, i mean it read it that time.. i donno, but i really want this to work =/

second edit:
went back and tried it on a logged on computer, and it still didnt work.. not even a new hardware found message, which proves that it has to do only with the tablet itself.. i dont see any physical damage on it, all wires are still soldered and chip is in mint condition.. i donno =/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 12:17:46 AM by JBuRRkE » Logged
JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2007, 12:53:25 AM »

i've come up with a couple of possible solutions to solve this problem..

1 - cut the end off another usb connector cord i have laying around, and try re soldering the connection (this is assuming its the power cord thats screwed up..)
2 - put it back together the best i can and send it back to wacom (this one seems a for sure no no.. theres a copper plate near the top of the chip with scratches on it, the rubber things are gone, theres a small scratch where i pryed open the case with a flat head,theres scratches where the screws came out, and on top of that im not sure which four screws out of the bunch i got from this project are the ones from the wacom =/)
3 - buy another one (would take a good while :'()

seems like only the first one is doable.. but i'm not sure

anyone else have any other solutions?
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

WOAH there matey.   Grin

Drivers is actually quite possible.  It's not very likely that it's the hardware.  There's very little to go wrong, especially in a molded plug. 

Graphire doesn't play well if there are other Wacom drivers around, they can interefere with each other.     My graphire has been very fussy with particular computers as well, possibly due to OS.   I've had problems even getting USB mice to work with vista. Don't forget Vista is still new = buggy as hell.

Do you have access to another PC you can try it on? A PC with XP would be fave.

bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2007, 09:38:35 PM »

i gotta agree with drew here.  if it's vista, then it would take a lot of problems to convince me it was hardware.
JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 02:56:56 AM »

there are other drivers, but i cant get rid of them..
i'm new to vista, but its nowhere in add/remove programs or on the device manager or anything.. anyone know?

it says in the control panel tablet settings (also says tablet pc settings =/) so yeah, could be interference of drivers?

edit:
control panel i see "pen and input devices" and "tablet pc settings".. the pen and input devices shows the controls of a tablet, but i cant see how to uninstall it.. same with the tablet pc settings..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 03:08:18 AM by JBuRRkE » Logged
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 10:22:50 PM »

I've not done very much with Vista.
Anyone else?

Do you have a friend with an XP PC you can try the tablet on, just to check it works.?

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 10:28:15 PM »

I've not done very much with Vista.
Anyone else?

Do you have a friend with an XP PC you can try the tablet on, just to check it works?

You'll need to install a specific driver, you can download them from the wacom site, but you need to make sure you have the right driver for your particular tablet and OS combination.

JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »

sorry its been so long.. i've been really busy =/

i did manage to check the wacom on some other computers, and they were all a no-go.. tried it on two other xp's and there was no plug and play (i mean it didnt say "new hardware found".. and i got the drivers.. still no luck)

looking closely at the stripped wacom i dont understand what could have happened.. but who knows..
anyone have any other ideas to fix it, since its a confirmed hardware issue?
JBuRRkE
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 08:15:46 PM »

i've been at such a loss with out my wacom, im breaking down  :'(

decided to spend the least amount of money and buy another tablet (not wacom..  Undecided)
getting a genius mousepen 8x6 for 40 bucks..
http://www.geniusnet.com/geniusOnline/online.portal?_nfpb=true&productPortlet_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FproductArea%2Fcategory%2FqueryPro&_windowLabel=productPortlet&productPortletproductId=341204&_pageLabel=productPage&test=portlet-action

i might rip it apart and see how it does, but i read most off brand tablets dun work to well..
we'll see how it goes.. i just need to get back to my arrttt  Embarrassed
Mgilbride

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:12 AM »

Hey some photos and in depth review of this product would be great. So hard to find good info on these. Not enough info to just here it's a piece of a shite.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: