Bongofish
September 16, 2019, 08:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiimote usage  (Read 2129 times)
robcat2075

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2007, 08:59:44 AM »

It's not exactly what we are trying to do but he has some interesting results using the Wiimote to track fingers and pens on a display.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/

And if you close your eyes while he's talking you can almost hear Marvin the Martian.

Robert Holmén
------
The Robcat View
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 11:19:04 AM »

I'm going to email him.

I wonder how easy it would be to add a pressure sensor?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 06:35:06 PM »

I don't think it would be super difficult, assuming you can easily find pressure sensors that would fit inside a normal Wacom-sized pen. The pen would probably have to be wired though, to power the sensor and feed the info back to the computer. Not a big deal.

But I wonder how precise that thing can be? I would imagine that the sensor in the Wii remote isn't anything with a super high resolution, so precision may suffer. The tracking is occasionally a little spotty, even with the Wii. Still, it'd be a fun project, especially since those remotes are only $40 (and I've already got 4 anyway, haha)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: