Bongofish
September 16, 2019, 02:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Average Price for 12x12 Intuos 1?  (Read 4017 times)
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:42:41 PM »

Hey all,

I might be able to get my hands on some USB Intuos 12x12s (GD-12-12-r, I believe). In your experience, how much do they usually go for? I've been seeing them go on ebay for around $100-$150 USD, while the Digitizer II I have only cost me around $40. Are the Intuos tablets that much better? Granted, these don't have the hassle of messing with a Serial cord and AC adapter.

Just want to make sure I'm paying a fair amount.

Thanks,
~Andy
Tanassi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »

Hi Andre,

i bought in the last march an intuos 1 12x18" serial with lens cursor but NO pen (GD 1218 R) and payed ab. €180.
so $100/150 is a bargain i guess.
Beware: you can find intuos both serial and USB and i have to say ADB also (an old Apple serial connection), so pay attention on what you buy
some "smart" guy sells serial tablets saying they are USB because they supply the serial to USB adapter Cheesy
and yes intuos is better then ultrapad, more pressure levels (1024 vs 256) higher resolution i guess and most important higher pen recognizing distance (ab. 10mm vs 5mm).
but... there is always a but... i had serious jitter problems with my monitor coupled with the intuos.
now i'm using the intuos with my main workstation and the ultrapad inside the Sim-tiq.
my experience Cheesy

... Vince

AndreZX

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 09:43:24 PM »

Hey Vince,

These are definitely regular USB, I've had the opportunity to use them in person. And also, I did take notice of the extra sensing height. I was drawing over my notebook (exactly 9mm thick), and the read height is considerably better than the 9mm I got out of my Digitizer II. It was more like 13 or 14 (above the case) on the specific tablet I tested. 

And even the Intuos 1s had 1024 levels of sensitivity? That's impressive. I always assumed they were lower than that, just because they're older models.

Thanks for the comments!

I'm on the lookout for a 12x18 tablet too, so I can do a larger 21"/22" sim-tiq after I finish my 15 incher. I'll make sure to shoot for Ultrapads to avoid jitter issues.
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 03:22:56 AM »

Hmmm

I mean, I have bought around 3+ for 30-50 each on ebay so...

If in person, I may buy just for the fact that you know its condition, works, and best of all, dont have to wait xD

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
AndreZX

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 03:27:00 AM »

Yeah, I picked 'em up. Right now I've got 6 Wacoms laying around my house. three 12x12s, two 12x18s, and a 6x8.  Grin
Switz

S W I N T I Q If it aint broke, MAKE IT BETTER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 03:29:23 AM »

I have a graphire 4 4x5
two or three 12x12
about 5 wacom pens
1 mouse
and a 12x18 <<Currently using on build

Made that, not my best, but I love it.  Firefoxy lol
It's all fun and games till someone loses a testicle.   Cheesy
Lycan
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:32:30 PM »

Would any of you be willing to sell me a cheap Intuos I or UltraPad 12 x 12?
I live in Denmark and it's really difiicult to find a tablet here since most sellers on eBay only ship to the states.

I've seen the UltraPads for around $30 on eBay and the Intuos I for about $50(shipping costs not included).
I'm short on money but that's approximately what I'm willing to give for them(+ shipping of course Smiley ) .
Monophobe
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 03:09:30 AM »

Similar plea. Anyone in the UK have a tablet suitable for a 15" screen for sale?

My portfolio Site - http://www.Monophobia.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: