Bongofish
November 13, 2019, 04:44:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not quite working monitor  (Read 3833 times)
SaintJoris
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »

Hey there,

I got to pick up two iiyama E380-s monitors which don't really work as well as though should. They didn't come with power bricks. So I'm wondering wether I could test it with another power supply, and possibly buy a standard one. It has standard AC-input, so that should be fine. It needs 12v 2.7 A power, does this mean it has to be exactly that, or can the amp be higher? Will that kill it? I was thinking it can;t have higher voltage. Sorry for this slightly noobish questions, but not really sure how that works again.
Cheers,
Joris
AndreZX

Why buy today what you could build tomorrow?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »

Yeah, higher amps is fine. Lower is bad.

You're right in that you need to have exactly 12 volts though.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:21:34 PM »

What he said. Smiley

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
terryp
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:25:58 AM »

Hello all,

I'm new here and hope I'm posting correctly.

I picked up a lcd with broken backlights. I used a flashlight from behind the screen and saw imaging and so stripped it for use. After reconnecting everything, but before I blew money on backlights,   I decided to test it with the flashlight and all I got was a blank screen with the exception of a line down the middle and some gray looking lines near the edge. The power light stays on and green and my computer is properly recognizing the hardware. Did I break something? The connections are tight. Is this likely an inverter, video controller, logic board or other problem? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 01:22:23 PM »

Any FFCs involved? Might be worth trying to reseat those.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: