test1
July 24, 2017, 03:39:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Screen larger than sensor?  (Read 13268 times)
Keifer
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 04:11:34 AM »

Thank you for your reply.

I forgot to mention, that the Cintiq driver works. The sensor works with the Cintiq driver. It detects it as a Cintiq 15x (like it is). But! The pointer is not calibrated, thus it is not aligned with my pen. The pointer moves when I move the pen, the pressure works too. All is good in that department, fully functional Cintiq sensor installed under the 19inch LCD monitor.
Now I can't use it if it doesn't have the pointer under the pen right? So that requires calibration. So when I do that, then the calibration won't work because it sees the screen size and places a crosshair where it would be if the Cintiq was 19 inches.

I don't know how else describe it. It works but won't calibrate!
abeyance

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 04:47:52 AM »

Got it. I understand now. Your cursor and pen don't overlap. You can't calibrate the pen because the cross hairs are our of range of the censor. Here is a trick I got from http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/43622-pen-calibration-trick.html

1. uninstall your drivers, and restart your tablet (after you uninstall it, the pen wont work, so either have a mouse plugged in or use your fingers).

2. go to control panel, open tablet PC settings. Reset all the calibration data (touch and pen). When all the data has been reset, the reset button will be misted.

3. open command prompt (click start and type cmd in the search box).

4. type in, (or copy and paste, however to paste in command prompt you need to click the little black box icon in the top left corner, then select edit, then paste). Type in (make sure its all on 1 line):

tabcal lincal novalidate XGridPts=5,15,30,50,70,90,120,259,513,767,1021,118 0,1210,1240,1275 YGridPts=5,15,50,100,163,223,321,479,640,740,780,7 95

Then hit enter, it brings up the calibration screen but with heaps of points for you to touch. Make sure your pen is the first thing that touches the screen, then it will calibrate for the pen. After you hit the first crosshair with the pen, then you can rest your palm on the screen and do the rest. Just don't rest your palm on the screen until you touch the first crosshair, otherwise it will calibrate it for touch.
Give it a go and see if that helps. Remember you can set the cross hairs where ever you want with that command.

<3 Abey

Keifer
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 06:06:57 PM »

I dont have a tablet PC. I have a laptop. The tablet is the Cintiq guts installed in a Samsung monitor.
Tablet PC settings are not available when clicked.

Any ideas???

Thanks for your hard work guys!
abeyance

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 09:56:37 PM »

Tablet PC settings is a control panel not a desktop computer. Maybe the steps were a bit muddled. Let me try and retype it so it's better to understand.

1. unplug the Cintiq from the computer, uninstall your Cintiq drivers, and restart your Computer.

2. plug the Cintiq back into your laptop and DO NOT INSTALL THE CINTIQ DRIVERS!!! go to Control Panel, open tablet PC settings. Reset all the calibration data (touch and pen). When all the data has been reset, the reset button will be greyed out and unavailable. Go to the next step.

3. open command prompt (from the start menu, type cmd in the search box).

4. type or paste this line of code into the command prompt and press enter (make sure it's all on 1 line):

Code:
tabcal lincal novalidate XGridPts=5,15,30,50,70,90,120,259,513,767,1021,118 0,1210,1240,1275 YGridPts=5,15,50,100,163,223,321,479,640,740,780,7 95

5. Now the calibration screen will be opened with many points for you to touch. Make sure your pen is the first thing that touches the screen, then it will calibrate for the pen. After you hit the first crosshair with the pen, then you can rest your palm on the screen and do the rest. Just don't rest your palm on the screen until you touch the first crosshair, otherwise it will calibrate it for touch. (Remember you can set the cross hairs where ever you want with that command.)

If you are having problems wit the command itself you can find answers for it here on this page's comments http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/ep121-slate/43622-pen-calibration-trick.html
Keifer
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 05:23:53 AM »

Well I tried this:

1) no wacom drivers present in system (checked) plugged in usb from cintiq sensor and powered it up. The system found the cintiq but it didnt function like a cintiq. Just like a mouse. can drag mouse over from monitor to monitor from cintiq (samsung monitor).
2) opened up tablet properties (from control panel) and the reset is grayed
3) ran command prompt as admin
4) copy pasted code you entered
5) got an error about invalid grid data
6) noticed it was selecting the laptop monitor
7) drop down menu in the tablet settings and selected samsung monitor
8 ) says it is not a tablet and there is no way to calibrate (within the tablet control panel settings)

Next thing I did was.

9) make the samsung monitor (with cintiq inside) my only monitor and do not extend to laptop display.
10) pasted the code in cmd and got a whole bunch of grid lines
11) tried to push my pen on samsung monitor (with cintiq inside) but nothing happens. There is no mouse, no pushing the pen against the monitor will get any response.
12) exited the grid lines calibration
13) mouse moves with pen like a mouse, but not calibrated.
14) then had trouble getting my mouse to work on the boxes to get back to my laptop monitor. Had to use tricky tab navigation to get back.
15) gave up!

So I am not sure why it will not work. The pen works but like a mouse, then when calibrating it is not present.

any more ideas? Thanks eh!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 05:27:37 AM by Keifer » Logged
kaikaisushi
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 11:24:11 PM »

I too have a similar problem. I have a 15.6" display and is bigger horizontally and smaller vertically than my intuos large 4. Is there a way to calibrate a portion of the display? Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: